Chapter 1: A New Life

Unified Year 1899

Imperial Palace, Berlun, The Empire

"Come on darling! I can see the head!'' shouted Kaiser Freiderich I, who insisted on attending the labor of his wife, Adela Vicktoria.

The royal couple, along with several doctors and nurses, were currently busy assisting the Kaiserin in giving childbirth. They have been attending the labor of the prince for around 8 hours since yesterday; understandably, all of them are currently very tired and stressed.

"Ahhh....." Adela groaned in excruciating pain, gripping the hand of her husband even tighter. 'Hrgk, Her grip is as strong as ever, even after all these years' thought the Kaiser, wincing.

"You can do it your majesty! One last push!" Shouted Dr. Hildr Degermark encouragingly, the Imperial family's personal physician preparing to deliver the infant.

After a final scream of agony from the Kaiserin, it was shortly followed by the cries of a baby, announcing the birth of a new child to the world in the New Year. Hildr clamped and cut the umbilical cord after a couple of minutes and offered the child to its mother.

An attendant looked at his watch and was extremely surprised to find that the time of birth was exactly 12:00 AM, January 1st. He recovered shortly after and wrote down the time in his clipboard.

"Congratulations! It's a boy!" the doctor announced with enthusiasm.

WIth tears in her eyes, Adela gladly took her newborn son from Hildr's hands and held him in her arms. Kaiser Freiderich approached and leaned next to his spouse, who looked at him with eyes bearing a silent question

'Would you like to hold him?'

The new father nodded in joy and Adela brought the newborn into his right arm. The two stayed there in silence for a time, basking in the afterglow of a new chapter in their lives; the couple were startled when the audience began to applaud, congratulating them for the birth of their eight child.

'I forgot about them for a moment'. Thought the Kaiser in exasperation, he then decided to speak up after the clapping abated.

"I thank you all for joining us on this wonderful day, and in assisting my dear wife in the birth of our new child, you have our utmost gratitude."

He looked at his wife, inquiring in silence if he should do it now, to which she nodded in affirmation. He turned back to the crowd of doctors, nurses and physicians.

"This boy shall be named Albrecht Valentin Dieter von Einheit! May he live long and prosper! Glory to the Empire!"

They cheered, responding "Long live!", "May he grow healthy and strong", "Bless the Imperial Family!", and "Glory to the Empire!"

Unknown to them, the baby was staring at them in amusement 'I can already tell this will be fun'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 1, Unified Year 1900

Imperial Palace, Berlun, The Empire

After the rather hectic and exhausting childbirth, sleep came easily for the tired Kaiserin. The same could not be said for her husband. In fact, he spent his time staring at the ceiling of the room the royal couple shared.

The infant was taken by Doctor Degermark to be weighed, measured and further examined, although the mother was quite reluctant to part with her newest child. Nevertheless, she knew it was important to have little Albrecht checked and relented.