Prologue - Ceremony Breaking - A Dismissive Ranking

In the mirror chamber, the students already have been sorted in the differents dorms and the dorm leaders are about to guide them. 

Handsome boy : Hey, does anyone know where the headmage went? He disappeared midway through the ceremony...

Floating tablet : Some headmage he is.

Boy with a head scarf : Maybe he had a tummyache?

Crowley : I most certainly did not!

Crowley just entered the room with Nakamara and holding firmly Grim.

Red-hair boy : Ah, speak of the devil.

Crowley : If you must know, I was searching for the new student who'd failed to show for orientation. You are the only one who has yet to be assigned a dorm. Step up to the Dark Mirror, and be quick about it. I'll watch your weasel.

Nakamara : It's not mine.

Nakamara sigh and step forward until he reach the mirror. A ugly face in visible in it. He can slighly hear some whispers among the students around.

Dark mirror : State your name.

Nakamara : I'm Uchiri Nakamara.

Dark mirror : Nakamara... The nature of your soul is...

Nakamara frown. How disrepectful... but maybe it's a thing here. He knows there is a lot of other countries where it's not impolite to use the first name, even without knowing the person. The mirror stay silent for some second and seems puzzled.

Dark mirror : ...unclear to me.

The headmage immediately rush next to Nakamara.

Crowley : What did you just say?

Dark mirror : I sense no magical power from this one. Soundless. Colorless. Shapeless. Utterly vacant. Therefore, no dorm would be appropriate.

Nakamara : How rude...

Crowley : Are you suggesting that you receive a person who cannot even use magic? But that is absurd! The student selection process has not erred once in its century of existence! How could this have happened?

Crowley looks at Nakamara and Nakamara shrug. How could he knows? Suddenly Grim finally get to untie himself.

Grim : LET ME HAVE THIS STUDENT SEAT!!

Crowley : Not so fast, you hyperactive weasel!

Grim : Unlike that human, I can actually use magic! So let me be a student here! Look, I'll show you! My spells're the cat's meow!

Grim start to spit fire again. The students are kind of panicking but the dorm leaders are immediately protecting them. Nakamara calmly pats his leg when a little fire get on it. Seing the panick, he step forward and get to grab Grim by the collar.

Grim : LET ME GO HUMAN!!

Nakamara : I though you wanted to study here? Then you should refrain from destroying this place, don't you think, weasel?

Grim : I'm Grim, spellcaster extraordinaire! I am NOT a weasel!

Nakamara : Yeah, sure.

He manage to hit him. None of them see he actually used the prosthesis, since the robe hide his arm and he wears gloves. But that's actually perfect because it knock Grim out. He also actually used a pression point to be sure Grim was definitely out. 

Crowley : Ah! you finally decided to take responsability for your familiar.

Nakamara : I've told you repeatedly that it isn't mine!

Crowley : Oh...Is that so? *Ahem* Then I shall have it expelled from campus. I shall even spare it from being served as dinner. My, but I AM kind. ...Someone take this away, please.

He use some magic to get Grim out of here. Then announce the ceremony is conclued. All the students follow their dorm leader out of the room, while discussing of the event. 

In the end, Nakamara is finally all alone with the headmage.

Crowley : Well, Nakamara-kun. This is a most unfortunate turn of events. I'm afraid that you will not be attending Night Raven Collage after all.

Nakamara : That was never my intention actually... can I go home now?

Crowley : Surely! The Dark Mirror will see you safely home. Now, step into the gate, and visualize the place you whence you came.

Nakamara sigh in relief and stop to the mirror for the second time, looking at this ugly face again.

Crowley : O Dark Mirror! Return this soul to where it belongs!

Nothing happens. The dark mirror stay completely immobile and silent.

Crowley : *Ahem* L-let us, er...try this again. O Dark Mirror! Return this soul—

Dark mirror : There is no such place.

Crowley & Nakamara : What?

Dark mirror : There is no place in this world where this soul belongs. None.

Crowley : How can that be? My, but today is a veritable cavalcade of impossible phenomena! This has never happended throughout my long tenure. I must confess that I am at something of a loss. Tell me: From what land do you hail?

Nakamara : I'm from Japan.

Crowley tilt his head. He seems non-amused.

Crowley : I'm afraid I am not familiar with such a place. I am intimately acquainted with the origins of every student who has ever come here, and yet... This mysterious homeland of your eludes me. Let us go to the library and look it up, shall we?

Nakamara : It's not like I have a choice...

Crowley gesture to follow him and then, go back out of the room, in the direction of the library again.