Friday

Call Jungkook a desperate man, it's true.

He was desperately trying to win his girlfriend's heart back. Even though it was the most risky way, he knew Lisa was right about bringing Yeri along to explain what happened two nights ago. If Chaeyoung was not going to listen to him alone, he should get Yeri on board since she was the cause of their fight.

"Hi, Ms Kim.", he showed up at the convenience store that she worked at that afternoon.

The young woman looked up, slightly surprised to see him.

"Mr Jeon, hi."

He put the banana milk carton as an excuse to talk to her.

As she was scanning it, he asked, "Ms Kim, I'm sorry but may I know when you are free today?"

Yeri frowned, wondering why was he asking her that.

"Actually, I need your help.", he said.

"You need my help?", she replied.

"You know..how my girlfriend is angry with me because..."

"Oh...is she still angry with you?", she asked.

Jungkook slowly nodded, "As I said before, it's her time of the month so..she's a bit cranky these few days.."

Yeri nodded, "Okay, I'm free tonight. How can I help you out?"

He clapped his hands, "But...aren't you working at the bar? What time-"

Yeri shook her head, "After considering everything, I've quit that job. I'll be free after 7 today."

"Oh, that's...good. I'll pick you up here at 7 then?", he asked.

"Pick me up? Why? Where are you taking me?", she asked him back.

"To my girlfriend's best friend's house. You have to help me to explain everything to her. Can you do that, please?", he put up both his hands, pleading at Yeri.

"Oh...I can but...is she going to be okay to-"

Jungkook cut her off, "She doesn't know but if she even gets angry with you, she won't hurt you. She's not that kind of person. The worst you have to endure is her lashing and maybe a little cursing, that's all. I promise."

Yeri stayed quiet as if she was thinking.

"Please..please..please help me out, Ms Kim."

Seeing Jungkook pleading her like that, she nodded when she saw a few customers entering the store.

"Okay, I will go with you.", she told him before telling him the price for the banana milk.

He smiled while handing her the money to pay for it, "Thank you. I'll see you here at 7."

🫰🏻

Jungkook was not going to give up as easily as Chaeyoung said. He knew her well, she was just provoking him to show her that he was not going to back down from their fight. Deep inside her heart, he knew that she was just in her worst period phase.

"Mr Jeon, wait.", Yeri tugged his sleeve as they reached the floor of Lisa's apartment.

"Hm, yes?"

"I think you shouldn't bring the flowers along. I mean...not now but later after I've explained everything to her.", she shared her opinion on the bouquet of red roses Jungkook was hiding behind him.

He looked at the roses, "Oh, it's okay. This is to soften her heart before we explain what happened."

"But I-"