losing her

Prompt idea given by Riddhima23
Here's one for you my sister.
Love you  ♾️

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~••~•~•~•~•~•~•~••~•

I held her hand softly whispering good things to her.
She was silent but her eyes said that she felt each and every word. Our eyes were talking in that moment.

The little cries were heard in the background but the nurses dealt with it. I was busy mesmerized by the glow she had. But, there was a bad news, that glow was fading away. I knew it, yet I couldn't stop it.

We met each other drenched in a showery night, It was a night to remember, I experienced the butterflies in my stomach as they say. She was a pure beauty, and an epitome of innocence, a free spirited girl she was,
But I knew deep down there were scars, scars she was hiding.
I was adamant to find and heal those scars, only realizing I fell in love with her.

She shared the mutual feeling,
Our love was beyond words or distance. Something that only grows deeper and deeper. Never fades. But that day, When I saw the shattered Lady love of my life, I knew I failed to heal those scars. Even while enduring the pain she gave me her gorgeous smile and said ' Don't blame yourself '
She told me, I was the shower of joy in her life. A source of freedom and happiness as she said it.
I made her short life beautiful.

Its been years and I realized she was right, I stopped blaming myself for things that weren't under my control. I cherished those Memories I had with her and realized I made her life better.

She was a strong lady,
She was internally fighting with her demons for years.
Still her beautiful face never reflected the pain.
Everyone thought her life was Perfect. Was it?

I got my answer when I tried searching for it. I searched it within her. No. Her life was not even near to perfect. In fact it was Tormented and demolished.

She had those  genuine smiles when she was around me, I wanted her forever but destiny had other plans. We knew we will be separated. She has to leave me, but we never gave up.
We still had hopes. She was a warrior.

A warrior who was fighting cancer, A warrior who was fighting her demons, A warrior who was fighting the world. Yet there was no glimpse of pain on her face. Until that day, when the beeping machine started beeping faster. Her hands started shaking.
Her legs started trembling. I called out for the doctor. They took me away from her. Forever.

I rubbed my tears because the next moment I was handed a big responsibility, For whom I had to stay strong, cope up the pain of losing my love, get my life back onto tracks.
It was you.

I finished telling the story of how I lost her to my daughter.