Chapter Nineteen

I can feel myself slowly waking up as my hands tremble slightly, I grip something soft, and this confuses me.

I should be in the tub not on something soft, I then open my eyes to see the roof of my bedroom.

'What the fuck?' I think to myself, I turn my head to see only the bedside lamp on, and I bring my hand to my chest.

No stab wound just dried blood. I do the same with my stomach feeling for the stab wound only to find the same thing, dried blood but no wound.

How am I alive? I stabbed myself in the stomach and the chest, and I died. I felt it.

I hear footsteps shuffle in the living room and look at my bedroom doorway. I see Enzo standing there arms crossed not looking happy.

"Didn't I tell you not to do something stupid?" He asks with an annoyed tone, I try to speak but my mouth is dry and my throat hurts.

"How am I alive?" I ask raspy with a small cough,  he comes over to me and sits on the edge of the bed.

"You're not technically...you're in transition, " he says, I look at him confused.

"But how? I'd need vampire blood in my system for that?" I say confused, he smirks a small smirk before it leaves his face.

"I've been spiking your drinks last 3 days, I've been worried you'd try something like this...and what happened? You stabbed yourself, you killed yourself in the most painful way," He says, he sounds annoyed.

I don't reply so he continues, "why?" He asks. When I don't reply again he moves closer to me and lifts my chin.

"Why try to kill yourself Darling? I can't lose you like that," Enzo whispers, tears are in my eyes.

"I didn't want to live feeling like this Enzo, I feel empty. I feel like it's my fault and I don't want to feel like that, I don't want to feel at all," I cry, he scoops my into his arms.

"I could've helped you with that, why didn't you ask me for help?" He asks, I sigh resting my head on his shoulder.

"Because I didn't want to live...," I say, he's quiet for a few minutes before he kisses my forehead and pulls away from me.

"You need to feed now, let's go," Enzo says, I nod and get up throwing on my singlet and not bother with the jumper.

Enzo grabs my keys and stuff them in his Jean pocket, I follow him and he locks the door behind us.

We walk down the street, it's 3 am and there's only one person around, some middle ages guy who's drunk and walking near the ally.

Enzo grabs him with his speed and shoves him against the wall in the ally away from any eyes, I follow and Enzo gestures towards me.

"Go on Darling," he says, I nod and attack the man. I bite into his neck and his sweet blood fills my mouth.

I get trapped in a frenzy and can't stop, Enzo isn't trying to stop me either so I assume he doesn't care if I kill this guy.

I drink and drink mouthful after mouthful of his warm blood until nothing's left, then I drop the body to the dirty ally ground and wipe my mouth on my arm.

I look at Enzo and he smiles softly at me, he places a hand on my shoulder.

"You want do feel nothing? Just for a while?" He asks, I nod.

"Then turn it off. Turn your emotions off," he says, I feel drawn to do as he says.

"It's like a switch, just flip it and turn it off," he says, I nod and try to do just that. Immediately everything I feel vanishes.

The guilt

The pain

The self hatred

Everything

I look at Enzo who smiles at me,I smile back for the first time in a week since the incident.  He grabs my hand and he takes me to see Bonnie. The witch.

So she can make me a daylight item, and then he takes me home.

                        The end