Chapter 1: Weird Feelings

Life to me was a never ending novel that keeps having page after page flipped and flipped, but each time something goes right, a page gets ripped, and torn to the point where it's not even legible. I was a little girl afraid to stand up for myself or anyone, i was a girl with so much time on her hands but so little to do with it. I was scared to get out of bed and face my fears, i didn't want to walk the halls or raise my hand in class in spite of someone noticing me, or picking on me. What kind of life is this when all I can do is hide in the shadows and shiver in fear of myself. Maybe all of this was part of growing up, or maybe it's just me, whatever it may be or mean, i'm sick of it.

My head was pounding as I shut my laptop once i finished typing then slipped on my jacket and threw my backpack over my shoulders I fixed my curled hair up to go to the front of neck, then once I straightened my beanie I head out the door and down stairs.

"Morning sunshine, Pancakes?" My mom greeted me at the bottom of the stairs. I shook my head and sat down at the table, "No mom, you know my trying to lose weight.." I looked around the table when I couldn't find what I was looking for I started to panic. "Hey, have you seen my pills?" I looked under the table then ravaged through my book bag.

"I know honey, I just think you should eat something, there's no reason to starve yourself." She poured a glass of milk and sat it on the table, then next to it she laid a single pill capsule. "Mom, come on i'm not starving myself, i'm just trying to watch what I eat thats all." I shoved the pill on my tongue then gulped it down with a few sips of milk. "Well it sure looks like it," She rapped a plate full of pancakes with plastic clear wrap then placed it in the fridge. "I mean you look so pale you look like you haven't eaten in months!" I got up and placed my cup in the sink.

"Thats the plan," I winked at her then slipped on my shoes before tieing them. "Besides, im just not hungry in the mornings." She looked at me with a serious expression on her face. "Mom, please im fine!" She rolled her eyes. "So, Ill see you later?" She sighed, "Fine," I smiled and hugged her tightly. "I love you!" I opened the door and headed for my bus stop. "You two, but you better eat lunch, or I will call the school!" I laughed, "Bye mom!"

I ran up to bus right before it was about to leave and slipped into seat number 5. I looked around, all I saw were seats filled with teenagers just like me wanting nothing more than to be home then on this cramped shit smelling bus. I slipped my headphones in, shutting the rest of the world out. after a few more stops we had arrived. I pulled myself out of the seat and hopped off the bus then crossed over to the front gate of Hampton High. With my head still pounding I realized maybe loud music wasn't the best thing for me in the mornings, I cleared my head and headed inside.

As I walked to my first period I saw a Boy whom I've never seemed to notice before, and he was looking right at me. I looked away as fast as I could and walked a little faster to my first period than usual, the last thing I needed on my mind was the thought of some boy looking at me.

For most of the day I was successful at avoiding in social contact, which to me means a successful day. When Lunch came around, I grabbed my camera and headed out to the courtyard, there I could be alone and do what I love. I took a few good pictures, but none too interesting. After a few more seconds something amazing happened. I quickly put my camera into focus and aimed my shoot at a beautiful yellow butterfly resting elegantly on a flower by my feet.

I waited for the perfect shot, and right before I could snap the pick someone sat down next to me on the bench, startling me. "Beautiful shot," I looked at him, it was the same guy I had seen earlier. I went back to my camera without saying a word. "I see, not a big talker."

I snapped a pic, the sound making the butterfly fly away in a rushed manner. I looked down at the screen. "Shit, Blurry." I whispered under my breath. "Ahhh, so she does speak." I stuffed my camera in my bag and looked at him. "Yes, i just so happen to have the ability to speak, but unless you have the ability to turn back time so I can retake this picture, then I have no reason to use that ability with you."