Chapter 9; An Excerpt

(A/n: an excerpt for my excellent, and ever so patient, readers. Stay tuned for the rest soon!)

The forest surrounding Nevermore; Moments after Yen asked Wednesday to the Rav'n

After being blindsided by a question Wednesday Addams never would have expected, accompanied with a roguish smile from none other than one Yenneric Umbran, the one who had asked her the question, her heart may very well have skipped a beat, but she was too nonplussed to give it any thought. Surprisingly enough it took the grim detective girl several moments (a beat too long in her book) before she managed to respond. "Very Well." She said, reaffirming her impenetrable facade of emotionlessness. "Marvelous. Then I am most looking forward to it." Yen said, before bidding her farewell and heading on his way, leaving Wednesday to return to her and Enid's dorm. 

After having returned and telling Enid what happened, Wednesday finds herself at the receiving end of another of Enid's 'over excited episodes' as she refers to them. "Oh my God! Wednesday Addams is going to the Rave'N. My whole world is tilted! You know what you need?" Enid asked excitedly. "A bullet to the head?" Wednesday sarcastically replied. "A dress." Enid said, paying no heed to Wednesday's sarcasm. "I already have one." she said, to which Enid adopted a concerned frown. "Not the one you showed up here in! That thing was a fashion emergency not even lightning could resuscitate." she said, meaning every word. "Thing, back me up here." she said, turning to look at Thing who provided her with a thumbs up. "You need something that screams: "First date. Stand back, bitches! I have arrived!" Enid said to Wednesday, having turned back to facing her. "And I know just the place!" She said, before rushing the two of them off to the town of Jericho.