Chapter5:Vridhi

Vridhi’s POV:

“Pappa...,Mamma...”Mumbling feebly I  shifted uncomfortably still with my eyes closed.

I feel disoriented and my head is aching like it will burst anytime.My eyes feel weary that I couldn’t open them.

What happened to me.

“Relax Vridhu ma,you are doing fine.See your pappa and mamma is waiting for you.”

I heard a female voice saying some soothing words.Its none other than my mumma.

“Vridhu maa..” I heard my parents calling.I smiled hearing them,but my cheeks are aching making me sniff a little.

“Wake up baby.” I again heard pappa.

I tried hard to open my eyes.My eyelids were feeling heavy.Slowly by slowly I opened my eyes adjusting my vision to the lights.

For a moment I frowned little when everything looked blurry.Then gradually I saw my parents smiling face,the only thing I want to see in my life.

My mumma embraced me in her arms followed by pappa.They are crying hugging me and kissing my head gently.

I couldn’t figure out why.Then only I noticed the surrounding.I am in a hospital bed and how...oh..no..

Now it made sense.Slowly I tried to recall what happened.

It was my first day at college.I wanted to study IIT.I always dreamt of pursuing a career as an IITian.I topped in my entrance exam and got a seat in my dream college.Pappa and mamma made me stay in the hostel,as they thought I would sometimes loose my focus in study if I stayed at home and it would be convenient for me to study in the campus compound like I can use the library.etc..

Even though they very well aware of the fact that I am not someone who loose concentration when it comes to studying.But still they did this to me...

So,I wore my olive green kurthi paired with a white jeans and a maroon shawl and went to college.My hostel is located in the college compound.So it became easy for me to travel.All thanks to my pappa and mumma.

I am from a very conservative family background.Even I myself is a silent girl.I don’t know I am sensitive or not but I think I am sensitive.

It was my first period;which happened to be physics.One of my favourite subject.It becomes easy when you become her friend.You have to talk to her constantly if you want to get to know her more. I mean physics.

Our physics professor is Haritha ma’am.
She herself is a gem.A perfect role model.The way she explains the toughest questions easily made me her fan of her in the first day itself.

Her strong personality attracts everyone.I think her children may definitely have inherited her personality and intelligence.

She made all of us teach some basics standing in front of the white board.She even said we,students must be very forward and not shy away for confronting our valuable ideas and thoughts even when we are surrounded by many.

Everyone taught some new ideas and it was my turn.I know I sound well when it comes to explaining to myself.But how in front of these many students.

I felt nervous like very nervous.I didn’t get this much tension even when I was doing my hardest exams.

So,praying to all the gods mentally I walked to the board all the while clutching my shawl and biting my inner lips.My heart began throbbing out of my chest making my voice tremble when I tried to introduce myself.

But professor ma’am assured me with her gentle smile and somehow it gave me some courage.

It was going well than I expected it to be till I heard some lion roar....