Chapter 7

DevonLee: Billboard Music Awards

9,000,000 likes ~ 20,000 comments

---

The Billboard Music Awards is one of my favorite award shows to attend as it is the place where I have felt most at home. I have performed at least seven times over the past decade and have been awarded almost every year single since I was twenty which is pretty insane considering that I was a shit head.

I had turned up to multiple award shows drunk off my head and said a lot of crazy shit live which did lead to me getting kicked out. My redemption period really helped repair my reputation with these companies and it's an honor to still be invited to them.

Mugler custom made an outfit for me which I am living for since it is everything that I could have ever wanted and I am excited to collaborate with them in the future.

My family are in attendance for the show since I am nominated for six awards and I have a ten minute performance planned. The look we were going for was goth glam and I believe that we have pretty much nailed it with our coordinated looks. My dad was a sucker for not wanting to walk the red carpet but he's been feeling a little insecure lately after a lot of comments were made about his gaunt physique.

"Stop touching me." I swat Colson's stylists hand away as they go to adjust my headpiece. "It's perfect the way it is."

"Bu-"

"Don't piss me off." I narrow my eyes at them. "I said it's perfect the way it is."

Colson bursts out laughing, "Damn Dev."

Our vehicle pulls to a stop besides the red carpet and Colson rolls down his window to flip the crowd off which only makes them scream in response. After a few selfies in the vehicle, security opens the door so that Colson can exit with Megan and it's no surprise to hear everyone go crazy at the sight of them.

Xavier steps out of the vehicle to loud cheers and I plaster the fakest smile on my face while holding onto my hat as he helps me out. He adjusts it slightly before giving me a sweet kiss and we soon begin walking down the red carpet hand in hand. 

Hearing the fans scream my name never gets old but sharing these moments with my family means so much more. I can't wait for the days I can have custom made matching outfits made for my children so we can slay these events in Lee fashion.

"DEVON, YOU LOOK LIKE A VAMPIRE GODDESS!"

"SLAY ME!"