Chapter 2 | On his bed

I'm on my way to the buss stop still feeling a bit guilty about the fact that I for the 100th time turned Nari down. It's freezing outside and I didn't bring a coat since my mom drove me too school today. I live 45 minutes away from school but if I take the buss I takes at least one hour to get home. Pling, I quickly grab my phone to see if my mom is at the buss stop waiting but instead a wave of disappointment hits my face.

Mom❤️
Hi sweetie, I'm so sorry but I can't pick you up. An emergency meeting came up so I'll be coming home late. Maybe you can have a sleepover with Nari? Anyway I'm in a hurry, Love you
Mom!

I'm looking down at my shoes while feeling disappointed, sad and angry at the same time. I know that she can't control it but why today when it's literally a snow storm outside. It's snowing more than ever and usually I love snow. It's so beautiful and majestic. But in situations like this I hate it. Even though I couldn't feel my fingers I still managed to pick up my phone to look when the buss is coming but apparently the buss is canceled.

"Amazing" I sigh. While walking in the storm I can't hold in my feelings anymore. It's cold, my mom bails on me again, I'm tired after a long day and angry at Hyunjin for annoying me. Tears start to fall down my cheeks. Even though everything seems fine I'm not. My whole life is a mess and I don't see the point of living. What did I do to deserve this? Am I really an awful person? I continue crying while walking. My mind is spinning and I didn't even notice the dark blue car following me.

"Hey, need a ride?" I immediately know who it is. Hyunjin. I look at him through the window and just continue walking.
"You can't walk home in this weather, you're literally going to die!"
"Why do you care?" I yell at him kinda surprised at my own words.
I whisper a quiet sorry and stop walking.
"Get in, I only live a few minutes away, you can borrow a coat and then I'll drive you home."

Without saying anything I sit down in the passenger seat. It's awkward but I'm to tired to care.
"Uhm, Ari?" Hyunjin says.
"Mhm" Is the only thing that I'm able to say.
"Are you okay? I mean you were crying and literally walking home, even tho that would have taken over three hours?"
"Yeah just personal things"
"Why are you asking?"
I look at him confused thinking about all the times he has made mean comments about me. Why does he care now? Why would he give me a ride home? I was to tired to care and before he could answer I took a deep breath and fell asleep. 

Hyunjin's POV:
I was about to answer Aris question, I really didn't know why I cared or why I offered to drive her home when I know it's a long drive, but one question I could answer was if Ari was tired or not because when I looked at her, 30 seconds later she was fully asleep, peacefully dreaming about something. I didn't want to wake her up knowing she puts a lot of pressure on herself. She always has the best grades and one time she broke down and didn't come to school for a week when she got an A- on a test that our teacher said didn't matter.

I was sitting in the car debating if should wake her, let her sleep in the car or carry her inside.It was starting to get cold and I really didn't want to disturb her peace so I just decided to take her inside. I exited the car and opened the passenger door. I carefully picked her up, trying to not wake her up. It wasn't difficult to carry her up the stairs and she was still heavily asleep. I put her on my bed wondering what I should do now, wait until she wakes up sounded like the most pleasant option so I just say beside her in the bed and started watching a movie. She had snuggled around my arm and for some reason I didn't want to move so I just let her. I didn't even notice myself looking at her. I was admiring her features, her soft pink, plump lips, her long black eyelashes and her waist long brown hair, how she looked to innocent lying there sleeping without any concern.

I quickly turned around when I realized what I was doing. Ari, the girl who didn't speak to anyone except her best friend. The girl who I'd hated all high school for being annoying and arrogant. What was I doing? My thoughts got interrupted when she started waking up, it was around ten o'clock and her going home in this weather, alone, no. It's not going to happen.
__________

We'll see where this goes;)