𝐆𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠.

-ˋˏ ˎˊ-

"I have watched myself die every night, you cannot scare me."

  -ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

-ˋˏ ˎˊ-

Alerie Tyrell had hated Kings Landing from the second she had set foot in the rotting, festering city. It was a world away from the tales she had been sold on as a child in Highgarden.

Amongst the labyrinth of impossibly tall hedges and pricking brambles, her cousins indulged her with stories of their brief, fleeting visits to the capital. They had told her all about the feasts and the dances, then they had told her about the glittering princes and princesses; and finally, they told her about the great beasts that ruled the skies and slumbered deep within the Hill of Rhaenys.

Since then, she had dreamed of them. The sound of their huge, leathern wings beating the air, the way the ground would supposedly rumble whenever they would make the slightest movement. Already larger than life, the dragons grew in her mind, every night she could almost feel the heat of their breath, and smell their smoke and sulphur; and then, as she woke, she would see their gaping maws, fire dancing in the back of their throats and all she could think is that those who tamed those beasts, that shared a soul with them, was surely closer to the gods than they ever were to men.

Her disappointed had come quickly once she had stepped out of the wheelhouse and into the wretched city, even when she had first arrived at twelve years old, she knew this humid, stinking city could not hold a candle to the beauty of Highgarden or the easy life she had led there.

To Alerie, Kings Landing had seemed to be in near constant decay, so different to the forever in bloom Highgarden. She did not need to read the histories or listen to her septa to know that the capital had been hastily put together, a gross amalgamation of twisting roads and derelict houses surrounded the grand Red Keep, as if whoever had built those houses and shops thought that proximity to the power of the Iron Throne made living in a pus-filled boil of a city any better.

It had been five years since between then and now, and it had been just as long since she had seen her parents or her home. So much had changed in that time; her father had been presented with a son by the gods, and then seemed to die immediately after getting the heir he so coveted; she had fully joined court three years after arriving, managed to befriend the distant and beautiful Princess Helaena, only to have her snatched away to begin her life as a wife and mother. Since coming to the capital, it had robbed her of so much, changed her life so much from what she once had. Now, she was left to suffer the withering, disapproving glare of the long-haired, one-eyed prince.

-ˋˏ ˎˊ-

Alerie Tyrell

Alerie Tyrell

Aemond Targaryen

Aemond Targaryen

-ˋˏ ˎˊ-