chapter 2

Li lianhua walked towards south from the hut into the forest until he reached a clearing where his lotus tower was placed. He chuckled. " You are still intact, huh " Li lianhua said tracing his home. " The only things missing are hujijun(pet dog) and Fang doubing ". Li lianhua said to himself that next morning he will go to Fang mansion and retrieve both his dog and his disciple. He cleaned his room because he was too tired to clean the whole tower. He slept and raised early in the morning. First, he went to the Fang mansion, but he was hesitant to go because he doesn't know how Hall Master He will react if she saw him. But he prepared himself of anything that may come at him. He went and knocked the front door of the mansion. Li'er opened the door and was surprised to see him. " Li gongzu, you came. Hall Master He was waiting for you." she quickly led him to Master He. Li lianhua was surprised to see that he was not hated that much.

     " Physican Li, you came. " Hall Master He said as soon as he was infront of her. " Physican Li, please bring xiaobao back. He left home and said that he won't come back anytime soon. Your dog is with us so don't worry about it. " To say Li lianhua was shocked was an underestimation. Because WHAT?! Hall master He is not angry with him?! " You are not angry with me, Hall master He?" Li lianhua bite the bullet asking that. " Physican Li, we fought together to defeat shan gudao. I know you. I also know that you like my son." Hall master He smiled when saying that. Li lianhua was feeling embarrassed being found by her. But he also felt a little happy that she was not opposed to his liking for her son.

     " But madam He, do you know where fang xiaobao even is?" Li lianhua asked hopefully. Madam He laughed and said, " Of course i know. Xiaobao is dreaming if he thinks I don't know where he is. He can't escape my surveillance anymore because i almost know all of his tricks." Li lianhua  released a sign of relief. " Oh! I almost forgot. There is a book that xiaobao read and hid it so secretly. Maybe it is important to him that he even hid it from even me. I think it is still in his room. You can go and take a look after. And he is staying near a village called Shou Zhufu that is near to the northern sea."  Li lianhua was happy to know where xiaobao is." Thank you, Hall master He." He thanked her. 

      Just then his pet dog had come running to him and jumped on him, licking him. Li lianhua laughed and pet him," Hujijun, are you alright? Did you miss me?" The dog barked as a reply. Madam He giggled at the dog's cuteness," He is very obedient and so cute. You rised him well, Physican Li." Li lianhua smiled and thanked her. " Li'er, Take Physican Li to xiaobao's room." Madam He ordered and left saying that she will retire to her room. " Li gomgzu, this way." Li'er led him to fang duobing's room and left him there. 

     " If i were Fang Duobing, where would i hide my letters and books...." Li lianhua muttered to himself, scanning the room. He went near the bed and touched the small statues on the frame of the bed. He noticed that the statues are in the directions of east, west, north, south except for one. He went to the statue facing the west side that is slightly crooked. He gently twisted it to correctly face it west. Then he heard a slight click under the bed. He bends down and saw there was small gap. It was like a sliding door but placed horizontally. His xiaobao is very talented in mechanics. He smiled and put his hand inside the gap and found not just a book but so many letters, paintings and two books. 

      He took them and went back to lotus tower along with hujijun. Madam He gave him details of xiaobao and just asked him just to bring her xiaobao back. He promised her, " Madam Li, I will bring xiaobao back. And Madam He, I do want to marry xiaobao and spent the rest of my life with him." Li lianhua said seriously. Madam He was shocked by the declaration but felt relieved that Li lianhua is serious about Fang duobing. She smiled and said," If Physican Li is serious about this matter then you will have my blessings. I just want my xiaobao to be happy."

     Li lianhua opened the paintings that contains many random things like sceneries, birds, flowers. But there also paints of Madam He, Sir Fang and also his picture. Also, Li xiangyi's too, though they are just imaginary. The letters contain mostly work related, some to Tianji manor. What piqued his interest were the two books. one looked is a personal dairy of xiaobao and one is book that contains details of Jin Shen... Jin Shen, what is that?  

   " Huhhhh.... Xiaobao, you said that i kept secrets from you, but aren't you the same?" Li lianhua muttered to himself. " Just wait for me xiaobao. I will come and get you."