𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐓 - 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄

Hey everyone! I hope you love this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it!

Feel free to drop your thoughts in the comments below.

If you have any questions or want to share your favorite moments from the chapter, I’d love to hear them too!

Constructive feedback is always appreciated.

Much love, Ashlee Cole

xoxo

─────

─────

As I placed the last of my luggage in the trunk of Lena's sleek black car, a wave of bittersweet emotions washed over me. Excitement mingled with a twinge of sadness as I realized this would be my first long-term separation from National City. The vibrant buzz of the city, filled with its myriad sounds and sights, would soon be replaced by the perceived stillness of Mystic Falls-a small town that promised to be a far cry from the world I had known. I was embarking on a journey to hone my magical abilities under the guidance of Sheila Bennett, an elderly woman whose wisdom and experience offered hope for my future. However, I knew I would miss the warmth of Kara's embrace and Lena's unwavering support as they both prepared to bid me farewell.

My mothers were a torrent of emotions as we made our way to the airport. I could see the love and worry etched across their faces, and it broke my heart to see them like this. Kara, my biological mother, had once been the indomitable Supergirl before stepping into the role of a CEO-one I knew she excelled at with the same courage that once defined her superhero persona. Lena, with her determined spirit and fierce loyalty, had embraced me as her own from the moment I was born. Together, they represented a safety net I had always relied on, and now, as I stood on the brink of this new chapter, I felt their sadness enveloping me. We embraced repeatedly, each hug a silent promise that distance would not sever our bond, as I bravely stifled my tears in order to reassure them that I would be okay.

Finally, as I boarded my first-class flight to Mystic Falls, I took a deep breath, feeling the weight of their love pressing against my heart. The journey would be long-thirty-nine hours filled with the rhythmic hum of the airplane and the vast expanse of skies stretching endlessly above me. I buried myself in the pages of horror novels, losing myself in stories that both thrilled and terrified me, hoping to distract myself from the ache of leaving home. Sleep came in fleeting moments, but every time I opened my eyes, I was reminded that this was not just a goodbye, but the beginning of a new adventure. I was ready to embrace the unknown, even if it meant leaving behind the life I had always known.

As I stepped through the bustling airport of Mystic Falls, the crisp air tinged with an undercurrent of magic welcomed me like an old friend. Sheila Bennett's embrace was warm and reassuring, a stark contrast to the chilling memories of my recent ordeal. I had been ensnared in a web of dark enchantment, held captive by a witch whose power nearly consumed me. Surviving that harrowing experience felt like a miracle, and now, standing among those who had rescued me, I felt a flicker of hope and possibility-the chance to finally embrace my own magical heritage.