Chapter 1: The calm before the storm

April 2023 - 1 month before the AM UK tour (no current pov)
It was a normal day, you were at home in London having a coffee with your cat by your side reading whilst the TV played in the background. Your brother and his band were currently on their European tour having just played in Germany before travelling to Sweden, it had always made you proud seeing your older brother and his friends all do what they loved together. Plus it wasn't everyday you could say that Alex Turner was your brother, though when you were at school you did get the girls wanting to get his number which you had always declined, he may have been famous but he still cared for his little sister always.

As you finished reading a chapter in your book your phone had started ringing, you glanced down and saw that it was Alex ringing you instantly picked up.

His voice came from the other end, "Hey Mardy Bum, thought you weren't going to answer."

You laughed at his nickname for you, it's something he's always called you since you were little as when he first started touring you'd get all moody at him leaving. "Well believe or not Al some of us aren't touring in Europe."

You heard him chuckle and he replied, "Yeah yeah I know, not my fault I'm a musician is it. But speaking of touring, we've got the UK coming up in May and I was wondering if you'd want to join us. The boys don't mind it you know they love to see you and we'll arrange everything!"

It was almost as if your eyes had lighted up the moment he offered for you to join him and the rest of the guys. You knew what your answer was going to be, "You know that is an offer I would not refuse Al, it would be great to see the guys again!". And suddenly you were starting to get excited about something that was only a month away.

"It's a deal then, listen Y/N I better get going got some sound checking to do but I'll be in touch again soon. I'll send you the details closer to the time too, but send love to Simba for me (the cat) bye!". He had soon hung up but you were still processing what just happened.

Now one of the few reasons you were excited to go was because of the opening band that were going to play right before the guys went out. 'The Hives' were a band you have loved since you were younger thanks to Alex and the guys also having a love for them along with 'The Strokes', you had wondered to yourself how you hadn't actually met the band yet as it was known that the Monkeys and Hives were friends and had acknowledged each other before. Yet that didn't matter right now, it was safe to say you did have a little celebrity crush on the lead singer Pelle Almqvist but who wouldn't.

Simba the cat was sleeping next to you when you decided that connecting Spotify to your small speakers was a needed thing in this moment. As you got all connected up you searched for what you needed, you smiled as you choose to shuffle play 'The Hives'. Simba was not entirely impressed at this but soon slept as all cats do.

Listening to their music felt nostalgic but also right at the same time you wished you hadn't stopped listening to them for a period of time. This wasn't because you weren't interested you'd just listened to some other artists. Your mind had started to wonder what meeting them would be like next month, you'd probably be a bit nervous at first which is expected when meeting a band who once was just a poster on your bedroom wall years ago.

But only the future knows what will happen for Y/N and let me assure you that it's very good.

(AN: Ahh okay first chapter, I hope the pov makes sense as at the moment it's not Y/N it's just like a narration I suppose idk how to describe it but hopefully it is okay! Plz tell me how you feel about this so far as it will help me with writing further. As for chapter updates they will probably be frequent for a while unless stated otherwise)