Introducing Sawyer

Sawyer's POV

Peyton and Lucas came back to Tree Hill to raise their children where they were raised.

The day after cheer tryouts.

I woke up to the sound of my alarm going off in my ear. I got up, took a shower, got dressed, and went downstairs into the kitchen. My mom was making breakfast and it smelled great. "Morning mom." I smiled as she put a plate of food in front of me.

"Peyton, can you tighten my tie." My dad knows how to do it himself, but he likes it when she does it for him.

Once she finished, she said, "You really need to learn how to do that yourself, Luke."

Mom walked back into the kitchen and Dad grinned and winked at me and I laughed. "What's so funny?" Mom looked back at me.

Dad's eyes widened as he walked back into his room. "Thanks for breakfast mom, But Lacy is here so you can give this to Dad." I chuckled, grabbed my backpack, and walked out the front door.

I see Lacy sitting in the drivers seat wearing her black sunglasses and a purple romper. Lacy and I have been "best friends" since 2nd grade when she stole my crayons. "Hey girl!" She said looking up from her phone.

I hopped in the passenger seat and said, "How was cheer tryouts yesterday?"

"Terrible! Everyone was so utterly terrible I don't know what to do." She rolled her eyes.

"Sorry I missed it, my mom made me stay home and get caught up on homework."

She laughed. "You? Doing homework?"

You see, Lacy doesn't really know me. I mean, she knows me, but she doesn't know me. I sometimes wonder why I hang out with her, and I never have a good enough answer.

"I think we should have another tryout so I can see everyone too." I said.

"What? No way!" She said angrily. "It's your fault you missed the first tryout, not mine."

I kept quiet the rest of the way to school because I had no reason to talk to her. When we got there, I ditched her immediately and went to the library. I found some paper and began drawing a good design for a second tryout paper.

An hour later.

"Sawyer, where have you been?!" Lacy yelled at me. "I've been looking all over for you!"

I looked up to see her angry face. "I'm sorry, I was just..."

"I don't care what you were doing! I need you with me at all times or it looks like I have no friends!" She was still yelling and attracting attention.

"Ask someone else, I'm busy." I said and rolled my eyes at her.

She picked up my drawing and crumpled it in a ball. "Don't you remember? I said we aren't having a second tryout!"

I grabbed the paper out of her hands and flattened it on the table. "I am having a second tryout, with or without you." I got up and walked to the printer and printed out 50 copies. Lacy stomped out of the library pushing anything or anyone in her way. Including me.