Chapter 1: "the past is in the past" REWRITTEN

We're fighting again, Macaque thought exasperatedly as he traded blows with Wukong. It seemed like it was all he was doing nowadays. Just, get up, fight Wukong, go back home, heal, go to sleep, repeat.

Well, Macaque couldn't care less anyway. He hate his guts, and had good reason to take out his other frustrations on his killer. May as well have a little fun when they met, anyway.

But it's strange. It seems like.. he's "happening" to meet Wukong way more often than he should. Was that weird? Yes. Did he think more of it? No.

But anyway, they're fighting and Mac was loosing. Really badly.

His ribs ache painfully, exhaustion making him pant all the air out his lungs, slowing him down. As his vision blurs slightly, he knows he won't be able to keep up much longer.

Before Macaque could think, he was being throws into the ground, creating a crater under him in the rock he hit. He stayed laying there for a moment, panting in exhaustion, as he started feeling phantom pains in his eye. Great.

He struggled with getting up, too exhausted to think clearly. Seems Wukong was finally fed up with him enough to get rid of him once and for all. He held himself up loosely, grasping his aching side, breathing heavily as he looked up at Wukong approaching. This scenary was way too familiar...

___________________________________________

Many millennia ago

"Lui'er! Mango! Where are you?"

His eyes lit up as he spotted his moon laying on the ground, sleeping in a little mountain of flower petals

"Lui'er!"

He exclaimed happily and jumped onto his friend, the lighter simian letting out a choked sound of surprise.

"Oof- Wukong!"

Wukong smiled, starting to kiss his moonlight's face affectionately.

"Hey!- stop that!- Wukong!"

The moonlight blushed and tried to push him away, embarrassed by the kisses of his mate on the outside, but feeling butterflies dancing inside him.

"Hahaha- found you Mango~"

He laughed, leaning closer to his moonlight and giving him a big hug

So big, that both of them fell over into the petals, both of them starting to laugh, without a care in the world.
___________________________________________

It was one of many happy, yet now painful memories Macaque had to suffer through every now and then

He pushed the memory away, choosing to focus on the battle he had yet to win. His vision blurry, his whole body screaming in pain and exhaustion, as he knew he'd pass out soon.

Observing as the king approached, Macaque tried to say some snarky remark to him, but his vision went black before he could think of anything, let alone let it escape his throat.

______________________________

A/N: and that's ch1 rewritten everybody. Didn't want to change too much or make it any longer because I already planned out 11 chapters ahead and I don't wanna push more work into them by changing too much here lol.

Chapter 2 is Wukongs perspective to this same scene, actual plot starts at ch3.