Same

Lincoln woke up almost feeling a sense of trauma, like he'd been though something truly horrible.

From the moment he was awake his mind went to Ellie, the girl he cared about so deeply.

He could forgive the killings, as insane as that may sound, but he understood that she didn't have a choice in the matter, but reaching into the pocket of a dead man to steal their money, that just felt dirty.

He looked over at his Rubik's cube and a single tear fell from his eye, that reminds him of the first bonding experience they had, that probably wouldn't happen again, and that thought hurt him.

Despite what happened last night, Lincoln still loves her, but he doesn't know if he can look her in the eye again.

He almost thinks of her as a monster.

But she isn't, she's been there for him when nobody else has, and that has always meant so much to him.

But for right now, he needs to go to school.

He gets dressed, goes downstairs, gets in the van, the exact same thing he does five days a week.

He makes it to school and sees pretty much the same thing he saw yesterday, respect from his classmates.

He spent a moment talking to them when he heard the school doors open.

It was Chandler, sporting some bandages on the left ear, where he was struck.

Chandler was looking down, obviously embarrassed.

While Chandler was walking, he got tripped by another student, much in the same way Chandler had tripped Lincoln.

All the students laughed at him, except Lincoln.

Of course Chandler deserved it, but Lincoln wasn't really in a laughing mood.

Lincoln looked over and saw his former friends staring at him with hatred, but still no Clyde, how bad was that family emergency?

He should probably stop worrying about Clyde's problems, but it's hard, Clyde was his best friend at one point, he almost feels obligated to reach out to him, see if he's alright.

Maybe tomorrow.

The school day quickly ended for Lincoln, and he was ready to stay in tonight, no park for him.

What Lincoln forgot about however were the several plans his sisters had tonight.

A few of them had events to be at, and naturally their parents wanted it to be a family occasion, tomorrow was the start of the weekend so they wouldn't have to worry about school.

But Lincoln was in no mood to go out tonight.

All he wanted was to stay in tonight, no family, and no Ellie.

So he did what all kids do when they don't want to do anything, he pretended to be sick.

An unfair thing to do, but Lincoln has quickly learned that life itself is pretty unfair.

So his family was preparing to leave without him.

"Lincoln honey, will you be okay all by yourself?" Rita asks

"Yeah, I'll be fine." Lincoln reassures her

"Okay, we'll be back around eleven." Lynn Sr said

Lincoln watches as his family pulls out of the driveway, he notices that the sun is beginning to set, Ellie would be waking up soon, not that it matters anymore.

Is it possible that anyone in this town is having a harder time than Lincoln Loud?

Meanwhile at the McBride residence.