Chapter 2: The Holy Sword On The Road

On their way to the next town, Elizabeth is now blushes in embarrassment as she adjusts the length of her skirt. "U-Um... These clothes are..." Elizabeth said as she twirls her hair around her fingers, "The Tavern's uniform!" Meliodas said as Y/N sighed, "Unfortunately, it's true... I have the same exact one." Y/N said as Meliodas proceeded to touch the girl in different places, in the excuse of checking if it fits. Y/N is now wearing a new oufit, a lilac top and a white skirt and heels. Hawk then bit an ear to Meliodas as Y/N stood next to Elizabeth, "You can always hit the guy if you want to." Y/N said and it seems that she is not kidding. "Um... Sir Meliodas and Lady Y/N." Elizabeth said as the two mentioned people look at her. "There is something I want to ask you both." Elizabeth said as Meliodas and Y/N listened carefully. "Are the Eight Deadly Sins... Are you really the terrible criminals that the world says you are?" She asked as Y/N sat down near the stool to her. "And if you are, what sort of crime did you commit?" Elizabeth added as Meliodas turn around as Y/N just stayed quiet. "What sort of crime huh?" Meliodas mumbled. "I think that the public has the wrong idea about you both. After all, you both saved me even though you had no idea who I was!" Elizabeth mentioned as Y/N turned her head to her captain and saw him smirk, 'Oh boy...' She thought, knowing full well what is about to happen. "Ten years ago... I roamed throughout Britannia and stealing all women's underwear in sight." Meliodas said, "Y-You're lying right?!" Elizabeth said as she blushed from the thought of it, "He is.." Y/N answered the question as Elizabeth sighed in relief. "Actually, I walked around groping the breasts of over a thousand women." Meliodas then said again, making Elizabeth blush even more. "B-Breasts?! Y-You're kidding, right?!?!" Elizabeth exclaimed, "Fortunately, he is." Y/N said as Elizabeth calmed down once more. "Please stop toying with me! Or is that you both committed crimes so heinous that you can't speak of it?" Elizabeth asked as both Meliodas and Y/N looked at each other. "Our crimes may not be related to each other but... We can't tell you. You might get scared of us." Y/N said as Elizabeth looked down, "I see, I apologize." Elizabeth said as Y/N smiled and stood up, "You don't have to apologize... It's alright to be curious." Y/N said as Elizabeth nodded. "Now, sit next to me. We'll be arriving soon, but we have time to talk." Y/N said gesturing the princess to the table where she sat earlier.

"I do have one more question for you, Lady Y/N." Elizabeth said as Y/N smiled then nodded, "Okay, what is it?" She said as Elizabeth took a deep breath, "What race are you? Are you a human?" Elizabeth asked as Y/N's smile slowly dropped, "Well-!!" Y/N said but was cut off by a force. It turns out Hawk's mom stopped, and it causes an effect that stumbled anything on top of her. Elizabeth almost tumbled from her seat but at Meliodas' speed, he already stopped her by placing his face on her boobs. Y/N, on the other hand, caught her body weight with her hands gripping on the table. "Whoa, a close one. Are we here yet?" Y/N asked as Meliodas let go of Elizabeth and nodded. "Where is 'here'?" Elizabeth asked as you gestured her outside, "The next area where we can get information, Vanya Village." Y/N said as she pointed to the small village.

They all then jumped down as Hawk's mom dugged to settle in. "We get out liquor from all over, but Vanya's is special." Meliodas said as Y/N nodded, "Vanya Ale is from what's touted as the finest water in all of Liones and the gruit that grows along the river. It has fans all over." Meliodas explained to Elizabeth this but when Y/N and Hawk looked over the bridge, they found a dried up river. "Maybe so, but that famous water of theirs has gone bone dry." Hawk said as Y/N jumped down and felt the soil. "Captain, it's completely dry... Like water hasn't came here for ages." Y/N commented, "The herbs along the bark are withered, too." Elizabeth also commented. "What's going on?" Meliodas mumbled as Y/N jumped back to the bridge. "Maybe the villiage will know what happened." Y/N said as Meliodas nodded before the four of them head out to check the village. But when they got there, there are too many people on Town's square. "Look at all of the people! Do you suppose it's a festival?" Elizabeth asked as Y/N looked around for decorations as they approached the people, "Yo!" Meliodas said as one of the people there saw him. "Oh, The Boar Hat owners." He said, "So, what festival is this?" Meliodas asked as the man's expression soured, "Does this look like a festival to you?!" The man said as Y/N intervened, "Then! Can you tell us what's going on here?" She said as the man calmed himself up and told the four about the sword that was stuck into the ground by a Holy Knight. "A Holy knight? Why would he do that?" Meliodas asked as the elder of this town walked towards Elizabeth's side. "The other day, we incurred the wrath of this Holy Knight. He infused the sword with his mana and sealed off all the groundwater sources under the village." The Elder said as Y/N placed two fingers on her chin. 'What made this knight mad? So mad that it made him cut off the water?' Y/N thought as Elizabeth suspected the one who attacked and got defeated by Meliodas. "Hm? You mean that 'Twigo' guy? He's not a Holy Knight." Meliodas said as Y/N nodded, "Actually, a real one isn't like that at all." Y/N said as Elizabeth gasped and got scared. "Only a power of a Holy Knight can draw out a sword of one." The Elder commented, "It'll be difficult to break it to everyone but, this village is done for." The Elder added as Elizabeth frowned. Then, out of nowhere, a kid just said something. It turns out that the kid is responsible for all of this, at least that's what the Elder said after the villagers threw rocks at Meliodas and the kid, who's name is Mead, to Elizabeth, Hawk and Y/N. "Then, let's talk to Mead." Y/N suggested as the trio goes back to the Boar Hat and found Meliodas and Mead on a table with food on it. "Hey, you guys." Meliodas said, making Mead to turn around and saw two beautiful women and a pig, closing the door. Elizabeth walked up to Mead as Y/N went over to the window and sat onto the wall mounted table there, "We heard for the Village Head that you're a big prankster." Elizabeth said as Mead turned away from him, "What are you talking about? Who do you think you are, lady?" Mead said as Y/N coughed, "She's a waitress here, kid. And she speaks the truth." Y/N said as Mead turned to Y/N and swallowed a bit of saliva, indicating that he got a little nervous. Elizabeth then sat on the floor to talk to Mead as Y/N think of who's sword is on the ground at the village. Then the conversation died down as Elizabeth and Hawk looked at both Meliodas and Y/N. Both blinked, "What?" Meliodas said as Y/N heard some shouting. Mead and the others heard it as they all went to the village.