chapter 2

After the final bell rung, I grabbed my bag and said goodbye to all my friends before trying to find Luca. I feel my phone buzz and check to see who it was.

Luca- hey boo soz can't pick you up I'm going out with the footy guys.

Willow- ugh, really okay

I try texting my mum but it seems she bet me to it

Mum- Hi sweetie, I'm sorry dads not in a good mood and it's best if you don't come home tonight... sorry.

Willow- okay, mum, love you

I sigh, trying to find my friends but seeing they have already left. Guess I'm sleeping outside tonight, I start walking to the bus stop to see it starts raining. I'm even more annoyed and tired and just wanted to go home and sleep. I walk to the bus stop to see it leaving, I try running to it but the driver ignores me and drives off. At this point, it's cold, raining, my clothes are socked and no one is answering any of my calls, so I have no choice but to keep walking and hope that keeps me warm.

It starts to get dark and I start getting anxious by being alone and in only my uniform. I see a car slow down beside me. I speed up when I don't recognise the car. I see in the corner of my eye the window go down but I only speed up feeling more scared each second. "Willow, it's only us" I hear a familiar voice say. I turn my head to see Mr Russo and Mr Bianchi in the front two seats. I stop moving and go a little closer to the edge of the pavement. "Why are you out here at this time of night? Mr Bianchi says, looking... concerned? "I have no place to stay tonight so I'm just walking around" I laugh slightly feeling bad for myself. "hop in" Mr Russo says. I look around, confused, wondering if he's talking to me "Willow get in the car now! Before I get out and make you" He says, raising his voice a little. I widen my eye and gulp before getting in the car. "I'm gonna make your car seats wet though", I say worriedly. My dad hated if I ever got the car seats wet. "don't worry about it. I'll give you some dry clothes when we get home" Mr Bianchi assured me.

The car ride was silent and slightly uncomfortable. I stared out of the window feeling tired and my stomach starting to hurt. After around 30 minutes, we made it to a very large and big house, we park in the driveway and they begin getting out. I grab my stuff and head out, too, ready to continue walking to wherever I'm staying the night. I turn the opposite way of the house and start walking until I feel a hand on my backpack and pull my backwards "You're staying the night here" Mr Russo grumbled to me while walking towards the house, still pulling my bag as I walk cluelessly behind him.

We go in, and I'm amazed at how beautiful it is. The whole house screams rich, and I feel like I'm too broke to even be in it right now, even as a guest. Mr Russo drags me upstairs while Mr Bianchi goes somewhere else. Mr Russo brings me into a bedroom and then drags me into the bathroom attached to it. "here you can have a shower here, and I'll bring in clothes and put them on the bed," he says before he leaves, closing the door behind him. I quickly lock it before checking the mirrors and everywhere to see if there if cameras or anything. After making sure there isn't, I undress and hop into the shower

after my shower, I peek out of the bathroom door to see clothes on the bed and tiptoe and to grab them, then rush back into the bathroom. He gave me sweatpants and a top along with boxes which I gather are all his. I put them on and put my clothes into my bag and slowly walk my way out of the bathroom and bedroom, trying to find my way to one of my teachers to thank him before I leave, knowing I can't stay the night- I shouldn't.

I find Mr Bianchi in, I think, the
kitchen, he looks up and sees that I'm there "Hi, sweetheart, are you hungry? I'm about to make dinner." I look at him, surprised, and he gives me a confused look before going back to what he was doing beforehand. "I was coming to thank you before I leave." he snaps his head up and slowly walks over to me before he's right in front of me "Willow, you're staying here tonight? Unless you're uncomfortable, then I can get you a hotel not far from here" he questions

"What? no, I just didn't want to bother you and Mr Russo at your house," I say quickly he smiles lightly before saying, "You're not a bother we wanted to help you, we wouldn't of if we didn't want to okay?" I nod before looking around the room, not knowing what to do "You can sit on the couch, and I'll call you when dinner is ready" I nod and look around for a couch, once I found it I awkwardly sit on it and wait.

After a while, Mr Russo walks in, looks at me, walks to the couch and starts watching tv. "you can relax yknow, you don't have to act like a statue" I nod and relax a little more, still very stiff. after a while my eyes slowly dip, and I felt someone move closer to me and pull me into them. "go sleep, love" I heard a soft deep voice say before I give in and go to sleep