03

Past of him

Young Jihoon watched his father who kept on fighting with his mother. His mother still kept a brightest smile and strong facade in front of him. But he knew that his mother was broken from inside. Exhausted with everything but still fighting with the world for him. To see him happy and give him all the happiness in life. His mother is the blessing in his life. The only breath that he can take peacefully. His home.

But his world collapsed when his mother met with an accident. Jihoon watched his mother's bloodied body taken to hospital as he cried in scares of loosing the only person who cared for him. Not more than a month, his father started to bring a woman in their house. Jihoon watched his father's shameless act of adultery. One or two months later, a woman started to live with them, along with a kid. His father introduced the kid as his new sister.

Jihoon hated that kid's innocence. He hated how foolish that kid was to keep on trying to win his love. He hated how his father showed love to that child. He hated how that kid was loved by both her parents. He hated the woman who started to act as if she own his mother's house. He hated being at 'home'.

A few years passed by, he waited for his mother's consciousness. Jihoon started high school. There he met her. Y/N. The awkward cute chubby girl of their batch. He didn't know when he started to notice her but he clearly remember the day, he first saw her smile. He fell for her. But she didn't notice him after that encounter. He didn't know how he was going to approach her. He kept on struggling. He wanted to talk to her but every time, he was interrupted by his friends. Y/N always walked with her head down, eyes glued to her phone or her notes.

"Hey-" "Jihoon! Tell this shit that you are going to the internet café with us today!" Like every day, Jihoon couldn't even call out for Y/N or her name. He just watched her figure disappearing in the hallway. He sighed. "I guess...I am going" He replied.

His friend stroked his head in happiness and headlocked him but Jihoon's eyes wondered otherwise.

But the opportunity came. Jihoon finally caught her eyes. He scored a goal, feeling euphoria. His lust for love. His lust for her attention. His lust for affection. His heart was thumping against his cage. Her dazzling eyes. Her delicate hands scratching with a pencil, creating the perfect art. He had seen her art a few weeks ago. Every stroke she had crafted on that blank canvas made him feel different emotions. He thought that those emotions died after the accident but she brought those out.

Maybe that's why he tried to find out who she was. Maybe that's why he was so crazy to know the artist. Maybe he already knew her. Maybe he had fallen in love. He didn't know. He just wanted to know her. He had created this false fantasy about her in his head that he kept on dreaming about her.

He finally approached her." Wow ...I look good" He commented from behind Y/N. She jerked up in fright which made Jihoon smile.

"J-Jihoon ?" His name rolled out of her tongue, making him shiver. Her gaze was now fixed on him which flushed Jihoon. He never imagined that her gaze could be this intense that he might go crazy. Her delicate and timid personality caught his heart. He wanted to protect her so bad. She was the only precious thing in his life. A fresh air. A tiny light in his life.

"Mom, I found her..." Jihoon told his unconscious mother as he went to the hospital to visit her. He changed the withered flowers with fresh ones. He chuckled a little, scratching back of his head. "I..think I like a bit..too much" Jihoon smiled brightly.

Jihoon's eyes fell onto Y/N's figure. Her round cheeks, clueless, clumsy steps in the party made her stand out. She accidentally dropped the glasses on the ground as she was serving the guests. He never thought that he would ever meet her. Oh? That's how she lives her life? That was his thought when he first saw her. With a smile playing on lips, he took a step but Y/N was dragged away from the party to a silent area. He became concerned so he decided to follow her.

He hid behind a tree so that they couldn't see him. Even if he gets caught it would not be a disaster but he didn't want riot in his life right now. He listened to the conversation between Y/N....and her parents? His eyes widened when he got to know the truth. He breathes heavily. A rush of excitement made his body tremble with happiness. Y/N's secret was safe with him. He got another more reason to get to know her even more.

*Slap*

Immediately his body started to quiver in silence. His blood rushed throughout his body stopped as he gasped for air, fisting his shirt as he violently pant for air. He tried to calm his mind first. As time passed by his breathing got normal. He scoffed at himself as it was funny how his body immediately started to tremble with just a sound of someone getting slapped. He saw her sitting on the fountain's edge, sniffling. He decided to approach her like before. As if he knew nothing about her or her family.

"Y/N?"

            You are enough for me.

08.10.23
Unedited