Part 8

A/N I hope you enjoy this chapter! So, I've been posting on this story everyday, and I'll try continue doing so, but I barely finished it today, which leads me to believe I might not be able to continue this streak. After all, I'm going to get a lot busier soon, and its starting to creep up on me... Sorry about that. I'll still try to post as much as I can. Now, happy reading!

***
“Well, I’m not sure if you noticed,” April felt the need to say, “But what if Queen Channary had, like, 4 daughters, but we only knew about Princess Sele- I mean, Empress Cinder? That could also mean I'm not the second daughter.” 
“Just Cinder,” Her half-sister corrected, “ And if she did… she certainly was good at hiding things. But, no, we are certain it’s you.” 
“Said who?” Kinney interjected. “Why are we certain again?” 
“Because we have to be, there’s no evidence of any other child of Channary!” Kai snapped.
“Wait. Wait,” Winter said. “Anyone else notice how the prophecy said former Queen Channary? So it must be fairly recent!” 
Everyone stared at her.
“Crazy, how exactly is that important?” Scarlet finally asked, breaking the awkward silence.
“It’s not!” Winter beamed. “But it means whoever wrote it might still be alive!”
Kinney rolled his eyes. Iko, noticing this, rolled hers, and for fun, pinched him. He yelped, and glared at her. 
“It’s… actually a good observation..” Torrin remarked.
“How so?” Emperor Kai asked.
“It means we might find whoever wrote the prophecy, and with that knowledge, perhaps find more clues on how to solve this.” 
“THAT’S R-...really true-” Thorne said, in an unsure tone. 
“Nainsi,” Emperor Kai said slowly. “Get to work on finding out who wrote the-” 
‘I already know,” Prince Alexander said suddenly, after a lengthy moment of his silence.
Kai stared at him. “You choose to tell us now?”
“Doesn’t feel nice to have information withheld, does it?” Cinder muttered.
Iko snorted, along with Scarlet. Yolanda frowned.
“His majesty has every right to keep knowledge from every one of you!” She flared. 
Cres raised her hands. “No one is saying he doesn’t have a right,” She said gently, “But we’re still allowed to be unhappy. Right, everyone?” Cress eyed the others, with a look that told them to agree with her, or else. 
The others nodded. 
Yolanda let out a humph, and turned away, her arms crossed.
“So, who is it?” Wolf questioned.
“...The Enchantress who cursed me.” Prince Alexander sighed. 
The dining room became a cursing room. April was wincing, putting her hands over her ears at their choice words. After a few moments, she had had enough.
“I get that you all aren’t happy, but can. You. SHUT. UP!” She yelled.
The crowd was stunned into silence.
“Just so you know,” Scarlet informed them all, “I think I like her.” and April faced the prince.
“Prince Alexander, what do you know about the Enchantress, and how do you know it was her who wrote this so-called prophecy?” She inquired.
He sighed. “For the record, and I hope I’m repeating this for the last time,” He glanced around at everyone, “It’s just Alex. No Prince. No Alexander. Alex. I know because she’s known for three things. Spells, curses, and prophecies.” 
“Well, she’s not known to me,” Jacin grumbled, with Thorne nodding, until Jacin glowered at him, obviously hating that Thorne had dared agree with him. Thorne slid his chair nearer to Cress.
“Known in my country,” Alex corrected himself, with a sigh. 
“That,” Iko announced. “Was the 236th time I have heard him sigh.” 
Alex sighed again. 
“237-” Iko muttered.
“Alex and I are the only relatively normal people in this room,” Kinney said flatly, “Why are you even keeping count?” 
Iko ignored him. 
After a few moments of awkward silence, Wolf asked: “Are we getting dessert?” 
Scarlet rolled her eyes. She noticed how Wolf had wolfed down his meal, and was barely keeping his complaints of how small the portion was silent. 
“When everyone is done eating,” Alex said. 
Wolf growled at everyone.
Everyone finished eating. Alex snapped his fingers for desert. The waiters, androids, set plates of crème brûlée in front of each and one of them. April’s jaw dropped, which surprised the people in the room.
“What? What happened?” Cress asked, worried.
“Crème brûlée is my favorite dessert…” April whispered.
“We know,” Cinder said simply, which caused April to double-take.
“Who here has been stalking me?” She demanded, shivering.
“Why does it matter?” Jacin wondered, causing April to shoot him a withering stare.
“I value my privacy. I get that what I said might be too complex for you to understand, but that’s why it matters. If you really can’t understand, go read a dictionary.” She hissed, then ate her dessert in silence. She felt a bit guilty, since she admired everyone at the table, except Alex, but then reminded herself that they had completely neglected her privacy, and that she had a right to be mad.
“Correction,” Scarlet said, “I think this girl just became my new favorite person.”