Part 11

A/N My writing is getting a little more rushed and sloppy, just warning you- Nonetheless, enjoy this chapter!!

The Rampion crew, Alexander and Yolanda gathered around the table worriedly.
“She ran away.” Winter said, tilting her head slightly. 
“She ran away…” Alex echoed, seemingly shocked. He shook his head, his face setting into one of determination.
“Emperor Kai, may we send your guards after her?” He asked, in a tone that clearly left no answers except ‘Yes or Yes’.
“Uh, sure?” Kai responded, startled. Cinder hit him lightly.
“Kai!” She hissed. “Are you seriously just going to send the guards after her? Like she’s a criminal?” 
“He will,” Yolanda said sadly. “Because April left us with no choice. We have to.” 
“Yeah, right.” Scarlet snapped. “The girl didn't ask to be dragged into this.”
Everyone began arguing.
Jacin, Kai, Wolf, Alex, Yolanda, and Kinney were on the side of bringing her back, effective-immediate.
Cinder, Iko, Winter, Thorne, Scarlet, and Cress were on the side of ‘She’ll come back if she wants to’. 
“Don’t you understand? We need her!” Kinney yelled.
“You emotionless rat! We can’t just use her like that! She’s her own person! She deserves to be able to make her own choices!” Iko yelled right back at him.
“You think it’s better to be your own person and destroy the world?” Kai said, raising his voice. 
“Kai! Ugh, this is exactly like when I became a wanted criminal! Anyone getting déjà vu? You're not going to make this mistake again, are you?” Cinder scowled. Kai faltered.
“This is different!” Jacin insisted. 
“Jacin…” Winter mumbled, and the fight went like this for what seemed like hours. Although, it was more like a duel.
The dueling pairs were:
Cinder and Kai
Jacin and Winter
Scarlet and Wolf
Iko and Kinney
Cress and Alex
Thorne and Yolanda
“ENOUGH!” Alex shouted over everyone, since he didn't want to continue anymore. 
The room went silent. “The decision is final-”
“Are you having a meeting without your little pig?” Wind swirled around the center of the table, forming into the Enchantress. “I’m proud. After all, she was quite annoying. Despite being my niece. You’d think she’d be more polite.”
The Rampion crew, Alex, and Yolanda  jumped out their chairs and stood, surprised at the abrupt visit of Michelle. Then her words suck in.
Niece?” They asked in unison.
“Why, yes!” Michelle clapped her hands delightedly. “Yes, yes, hard to believe. I am her father’s sister! Oh SO perfect Henry Rose.” Her smile faded into a dark scowl, which quickly disappeared. “But that’s not the issue here. The pig is gone. You need her back, and I of course can get her back for you. Not for free, obviously.” 
Alex sighed.
238.” Iko whispered. Alex glared at her.
“What do you want?” He asked the Enchantress.
“There are two options. Either you kill someone, and give me their heart…”
“Or?”
“I get to extract ten days from your sand timer!” 
“Alright. The second option.”
“Wait, wait, wait!” Kai said. “This is not worth that. I can just send the guards after them.”
Alex’s face softened. “If we don't find her, then I will accept your deal.” He said. Michelle rolled her eyes and nodded, disappearing.
—---------------------------------------------APRIL—------------------------------------
April galloped through the forest. She was tired. Her horse was tired, but she carried on. It had been days since she ran away. Her stock was running out. However, it would be 30 minutes until she finally reached her home. She would sneak in through her window. April had planned everything out.
When she finally arrived, she said goodbye to her horse, and realized it would be nearly impossible to sneak in. She caught sight of a guard and waved frantically. 
“Over here!” She whisper-shouted. The guard turned, and called other guards, his eyes widening. They escorted her inside.
“Père!” She cried, upon seeing him lying on the couch, her sisters by his side. His eyes were closed.
“What happened?” April was on the brink of tears.
“April?” Nikita clapped her hands over her mouth, rushing along with Vera to hug their younger sister. 
“Are you alright? What happened? WHY DID YOU DISAPPEAR? DO YOU KNOW THE HEART ATTACK YOU PUT US THROUGH?” Vera growled.
“What happened to our father?” April asked, completely ignoring the questions her step-sister had just thrown at her.
“He got..sick…” Nikita whispered softly. “The doctors don’t think he’ll make it.”
“No..” April mumbled. “No!” And with that, April burst into tears. She couldn't bear it if her father died. 
“I’m so sorry,” Vera whispered, placing her hand on April’s shoulder. “You were so close to him.”
“He’s not dead yet!” April snapped. “And I’ll make sure he won’t be!”
“You’re wanted, April! How are you going to do anything?” Nikita retorted, causing April to falter.
“W-wanted?” She asked, paling. “N-no. They wouldn’t have! They wouldn’t have!” 
“Who wouldn’t have?” Her sisters asked. “April?” 
However, April was already backing away, her face twisting into one of anger. She would not let them find her. She had to run away again. 
“I have to go.” She said, running as fast as she could, trying to leave the same way she came in. Her horse was tied to the fence. She untied the rope, swung onto the horse’s back, and galloped away, once again. Shame crept into her, but she couldn't turn back. She couldn't put her family in danger. She hoped they would understand.
“Don’t go after her!” She heard someone shout. “I trust her to know what she is doing.”
Thank you, Vera, April thought gratefully towards her sister. As she rode towards the forest, she shut her eyes.
“I love you all.” She whispered, as if the wind would travel to her family’s ears.