𝐓𝐖𝐎

𝒛 𝒐 𝒎 𝒃 𝒊 𝒆 𝒍 𝒂 𝒏 𝒅

"What are you prospecting?" Columbus grimaced as Tal opened his trunk to reveal the multitude of weapons he had in stock, "Jesus Christ

"What are you prospecting?" Columbus grimaced as Tal opened his trunk to reveal the multitude of weapons he had in stock, "Jesus Christ."

"I think you've just renewed my respect for you, Tex," you commended, resting an elbow on his shoulder as he beamed proudly at his metal treasures.

"You are dangerous people," Columbus shook his head, "You're gonna risk our lives for a Twinkie?"

"And a Coke," you added, grabbing the barbed wire baseball bat.

After a long car ride, the three of you came across a local stop and shop joint.

And where there was shop, there was snack.

A Hostess snack specifically, according to Tallahassee's logic.

"There is a box of Twinkies in that grocery store," Tal started, picking up some garden shears, "Not just any box of Twinkies. The last box of Twinkies anyone will enjoy in the whole universe."

He tucked the shears in his pants, making you shiver.

'One wrong move and he's toast.'

"Believe it or not, Twinkies have an expiration date. And someday, very soon, life's little Twinkie gauge is gonna go empty."

"Let's hurry up, then. Keep wastin' time an' all the sodas are gonna be flat," you smiled, standing ready at the front door.

"Time to nut up or shut up," Tally smirked, slinging his banjo over his shoulder as he walked in.

You rolled your eyes, trailing after him with Columbus, "Fuckin' hill-billy."

"I heard that," he sighed, glancing back at you as he stood at the entrance to an aisle.

"Good," you smirked.

He rolled his eyes, grabbing the banjo off his back and starting to play.

And despite your constant criticism, you could feel the man's unorthodox, country charm growing on you by the day.

His blood lust and unsurprising, surprising fighting skills were things to be admired, sure.

But when it was just you and him, driving on the open road, sharing funny anecdotes about your time in Armageddon, it felt like he turned into a completely different person.

In a good way.

In a really good way.

It made part of your heart thaw, one that you hadn't let out the freezer since day one of the end of the world.

You were so lost in thought, you hadn't even realized that Tally was beating the shit out a zombie with his banjo.

You shook your head, trying to get yourself back to normal.