🌊 - Quests

-🌊⚡️☀️-

The next morning, Chiron moved Percy into cabin three.

Being the child of Poseidon meant he had the whole cabin to himself. He had plenty of room for his stuff: The Minotaur's horn, one set of spare clothes, and a toiletry bag. He had his own dinner table, picked all of his own activities, called "lights out" whenever he felt like it, and didn't listen to anybody else.

He felt absolutely miserable.

He had just gotten accepted by the Hermes cabin and just started to feel normal. (Or the equivalent of being normal at a camp full of demigods run by an actual Greek god and a Centaur). Now, he's been cut out and quarantined as if he had some rare disease. No one mentioned the hellhound, Percy had the feeling everyone was talking about it behind his back. The attack had scared everybody. It sent two messages:

One, That Percy Jackson is the son of the Sea God.

Two, Monsters would stop at nothing to him. They could even invade a camp that had always been considered safe

The rest of the campers steered clear of him as much as possible. Even Clarisse kept her distance. Cabin eleven was too nervous to have sword class with him after what he'd done to the Ares folks in the woods, so his lessons with Luke became one-on-one. He pushed Percy harder than ever.

Annabeth still taught him Greek in the mornings, but she seemed distracted. Every time he said something, she scowled at him, like he just poked her between the eyes. After lessons, she would walk away muttering to herself: "Quest ... Poseidon? ... Dirty rotten ...Got to make a plan..."

Then when he switched to his ASL lessons with [Y/n], it was just as bad. She tried to act normal around him, but he could tell she was affected by his claiming just like everyone else. He remembers how nervous she looked when Poseidon's symbol hovered over his head, and how she turned her head away from him.

It made him feel bad. He managed to weird out the only person at camp who tried to make him feel normal. But he knew it wasn't like that. As he laid down on his bed, Percy rubbed his hands over his face, he thought back to the conversation they had together earlier in the day.

They were halfway through their lesson, and admittedly, he started to zone out. He would nod and "uh-huh" occasionally. Everything that happened over the last few days weighed heavy on his mind.

Suddenly, [Y/n] clapped really loudly in his face and knocked on his head. "Hello! Earth to Percy, hello!" she signed, annoyed. "Were you even paying attention?"

"I was!" Percy defended.

"Oh really? What was I explaining before?"

He opened his mouth to answer, but nothing came out.

Seeing him try to come up with an answer, [Y/n] sighed. "Don't worry about it. It was some grammar stuff, we can go over it later. I know you're going through... alot right now. Do you want to talk about it?"

"...What's there to talk about? Everyone is avoiding me. There's not much to it."

"Look," She then looked both ways, checking if there was anybody around them. When she made sure there wasn't she leaned close to him, like she was gonna tell him a secret. "-Did they tell you about the pact?"

Percy nodded. "Yeah. The promise to not have anymore kids."

[Y/n] breathed a sigh of relief, and backed up. "Good. That saves some explaining-" she then started to sign something, before restarting and starting to sign again. After a few more attempts she finally settled on something.