Chapter 2: Fish and Bird

1953

May 15

In a time of crisis and wartime, many war heroes went and go as a peninsula in eastern Asia was having the hottest war in its land.

Jets soaring through the sky, exchange of gunfire from trenches, and the bombardment of artillery or by large strategic bombers.

a stalemate started to be procured during this time as Chinese and North Korean troops were starting to lose the battle in contrast to the coalition of the UN winning pyrrhic victory or slight advancements into North Korean territory.

The Korean War or the forgotten war was ongoing as it involved the United States and its allies and the Soviet-supported North Koreans and the Chinese.

The conflict sprung from the sudden invasion of the south by North Korean forces. Led by Kim Il Song, the conflict was almost won entirely by the North Koreans before the US intervened with its Pacific allies as they pushed the North Koreans to their edges before China decided to step in.

During this time, the US was having its best time during the cold war as the procurement of advanced equipment and electronics were being produced. But for now, it's only been 10 years since World War and the equipment back then where still being used in the conflict.

American shermans crushing the earth, and Soviet IS tanks being destroyed by American landmines. And Mig-15s being shot down by Corsairs or F9F Panthers.

We then move to a white oval room, with 3 large windows covered by blinds. A large wooden desk with 2 chairs facing it and one chair being paired with the current president of the United States, President Eisenhower.

Currently, Eisenhower is discussing with the Secretary of State John Foster about the Korean war.

"President Eisenhower, current talks are going successful and our diplomats In Korea are confident that they can sign an armistice between North and South Korea." Secretary of State John Foster informs the warren general as he sighs.

"That's a good sign, John, it's nice we can start to focus on our country and against the damn Soviets once we sign this armistice and start building South Korea to be a strategic place for our military against the Chinese and Soviets," Eisenhower remarked as he took out the cigarette from his mouth.

"How's progress with the Jupiter missile development?" Eisenhower asked as he removed the ash from his cig to the ashtray.

"It's going good for now, a prototype will be procured by next year, and production should start by 1956," John informed him as he took 1 cig from the box of camels Eisenhower had as he took out his lighter and lit it up.

As the 2 men enjoyed the smoky oval room, the room suddenly had a flash of light as Eisenhower flinched and got knocked to the floor alongside his cabinet mate as the cig was knocked out of his mouth as he's ears were rang in the process.

Suddenly, the door broke down as secret service members entered with M1911s held up as they rushed to President Eisenhower and Secretary of State John.

=======================================

United States of America

May 25th, 1953, Gregorian Calendar.

"The United States of America, the current global superpower was transported from Earth to a new planet!"

"More than 300,000 soldiers have appeared around Honolulu Hawaii and several other cities in the state!"

"Dutch Harbour Alaskan fisherman claims to spot the US mainland!"

"The Canadian and Mexican harbor has vanished! Imports from other countries in the form of cargo ships have disappeared!"

"National-wide reconnaissance over the nation validates the sudden expulsion of Canada and Mexico but also brings forth Hawaii and Alaska being closer to the US mainland!"

"Fisheries all over the country have shown new catches of new organisms in the form of giant salmon and large octopuses!"

"US 4-star general Bradford has confirmed that we are no longer on earth!"

The news of the sudden transportation and bringing the United States into an unknown world has spread far and wide in the US mainland and its now close overseas territory. As the trending news was on this now.

The US economy was hindered lightly as it didn't fully rely on outside imports. As globalization hasn't even started in the slightest.

Communication with its allies where lost, and the US was stranded in this new world.

======================================

US pacific fleet

May 27, 5:30 Am

We view the clouds above Hawaii, amidst the tropical paradise, stands a large concrete military base. Filled with vigor and strength since it was attacked 12 years ago, breeding with activity as aircraft were launched from it while ships were docked and being prepared for immediate response.

Right now, the ships that were being prepped for operations were the US Naval 1st Fleet. Commanded by Vice Admiral Turney Joy, the mission was to conduct reconnaissance around the surrounding sea and potential landmasses around the United States Sovereign waters.

Naval Intelligence in Pearl Harbor alongside help from the Central Intelligence Agency has suggested a possible civilization southwest of Hawaii. As such, with all the evidence in, the 1st fleet's secondary mission was to spot and confirm the existence of an "alien" civilization.

The 1st fleet was made up of two Essex class carriers, Leyte and Intrepid.                                                  one Iowa class Battleship: Wisconsin
One Midway class Carrier: Midway
Seven Baltimore class cruisers
ten Cleveland-class cruisers
One Des-Moines class cruiser
sixty-seven Fletcher-class destroyers
twenty Balao-class submarines

Each ship exited there docking parts as they soon got into formation and departed.