Chapter 3- acceptance.

•Caspian•

"I was ready to leave that blasted dining hall, eyes already rolling. The whole thing was too pretentious for my tastes. But I could at least feel happy with my youngest brother, who sat across my hip. After a gruelling day of training, his legs were too sore for him to walk on his own. I carried him back to his room. Whilst I lay him down to sleep, I couldn't help but remember those early years when he looked up to me like I was some kind of hero. Yet straying from that path was inevitable.

I decided to shower before my night was done, the sticky feeling of sweat covering my body from my training was too much for my liking. Once I had returned in my room, I hung up my suit on my mirror, along with my crown and shoes, ready for when I had to meet my 'bride to be'. That notion made me scoff, as the whole thing was a farce. Forced marriage in order to maintain political ties...it was such bullshit.
I felt an odd mix of emotions. Frustration at having my future decided by some nobleman in his tower miles away, and a hint of anticipation to meet the person I would supposedly spend the rest of my life with.

I changed into my favorite pajamas, a simple set of tartan plaid pajamas that I always found comforting.
After a long day, my body craved rest.

I walked towards the black wooden frame and peeled away the emerald green covers, exposing the coldness of the mattress beneath. I crawled under the covers, Before sprawling my limbs until a comfortable position was achieved. Relishing in the feeling of warmth and comfort around me.

This was exactly what I needed after everything that had happened throughout the day, and my eyes closed softly as sleep quickly embraced me. For a moment, I was at peace.

I was woken up by the sunlight piercing through my "blackout" curtains. It seems they're unable to achieve the task they were designed for, as the room is still flooded with light.

I glanced at the clock next to my bed; it reads a prompt 9:27 AM. With a deep sigh, I finally bring myself out of bed and into the Obsidian and gold encrusted ensuite. I quickly shower and get dried off, before getting changed into my beautiful dark red suit, decorated with black and gold trims. The cherry on top? My crown atop my slightly fluffy hair, crowning me as the royalty I am. This was the start to another day, a day filled with misery , and disdain.

A/N his outfit for reference ( the silver is meant to be gold on the suit .)

)

Fully dressed for the day, I sauntered towards the cozy, private kitchen and prepared myself a steaming cup of black coffee

Fully dressed for the day, I sauntered towards the cozy, private kitchen and prepared myself a steaming cup of black coffee. With a smile, I sipped it as I took in the peaceful atmosphere of the place. With its black and white marbled countertops and golden handles, it had a soothing touch of elegance to it. Each and every piece, from the oven to the cupboard doors, was immaculate and well-maintained. The gray laminate flooring perfectly matched the glossy black walls, together creating the perfect peaceful atmosphere I craved.

The sun beamed through the skylight, showering the room in its golden light. With each passing day, the sun would shine brightly on the plants scattered throughout. Each plant was a different color, all flourishing and lively. The scent of fresh air mingled with the sweet aroma of flowers in bloom, filling the surroundings with a tranquil scent. Each time the warm light hit, the plants would sway, creating a peaceful rhythm. The peaceful scene was the perfect place to relax both the mind and the body.

Gliding swiftly across the room, my seat in the dining area called to me. Resplendent with dark black chairs, each adorned with gold accents, they fit in marvelously with the matching table. A clear black and gold leaf resin center ran through the middle of the table, accentuated by the sunlight, casting a warm glow across the surface. The chairs offered a minimalist yet elegant touch, befitting the atmosphere of the dining area.

I had obtained a newspaper that was left in front of my bedroom door earlier that day, and I began to read its contents. Despite being part of the monarchy of my country, I felt quite disconnected from my own land and its people. I felt unaware of the events and the day-to-day lives of those around me, as if I were an outsider looking in on my own country. The feeling was baffling and frustrating, and I wanted to catch up with everything I had missed

As I skimmed the text, I quickly noticed a section near the back that talked about the rising frequency of riots between several non-civilized countries. That's when a sudden realization hit me like a ton of bricks: no matter how much I disliked the idea, marriage was the best course of action for my people. I had to put my own preferences aside and make the best decision for my people. It was the only way to ensure their safety and well-being.

I was drawn out of my thoughts once I heard the faint sound of trumpets echo throughout the building. My ears suddenly perked up, and my heart started racing in anticipation. I knew who the trumpets were signaling: they were here. And with their arrival, the fate of our nation would be decided once and for all. The suspense hung on the air like a thick veil, and I knew that one way or another, things would never be the same again.

I rose to my feet and straightened out my ensemble, mentally preparing myself for what was to come. It wasn't easy to leave the confined space of my quarters, a place where I had found solace for quite some time now. With a sense of trepidation, I exited our antiquated castle walls to join the rest of my family waiting beyond. In the distance, a sleek carriage was making its way towards us, triggering a mixture of emotions within me. "Caspian you are the crown prince get yourself together" I muttered to myself , the wind carried the words away and I allowed it to take my fear with it. Right? While my expression outwardly remained stoic, a deeper sense of unease lay just beneath the surface.