03 ⋆ WORST TUTOR EVER

IMPURITIES, SHOW YOU MY IMPURITIES

❝ IMPURITIES, SHOW YOU MY IMPURITIES ❞

・┆ʚ ɞ┆・

TOKYO, Y/N OIKAWA'S APARTMENT
4:30 P.M.

・┆ʚ ɞ┆・

Taking his shoes off and replacing them with slippers, they opened the door to their apartment. The interior was left a mess after the events of last week, multiple items were scattered throughout the living room as the clutter piled up with a few excuses of "I'll clean it up tomorrow," being muttered. A few pillows and blankets were situated on the couch accompanied by a handful of plush toys. Pens and papers laid atop the center table; the scribbled writing on the scratch paper was almost illegible and the pens were scattered haphazardly. There was not much on their daily to-do list right now other than cooking, showering, and finishing their homework, but the latter can just be done later; maybe at around midnight if he gets distracted.

Entering the small kitchen, he wore the silly little apron his older brother bought him for Christmas. It had the phrase 'Kick the cook' in an impact font with flames as its background. He wasn't quite sure why Takeru got the apron at the time, as they barely cooked anything past the difficulty level of a simple miso soup. Next came the most annoying, yet crucial part of cooking: prepping the ingredients. To be able to cook an edible enough steak meant circling the kitchen for specific herbs and aromatics, thinking of a suitable side dish, as well as digging around the fridge to find a good enough cut of meat; one that has a decent marble, yet hasn't attained the smell of the fridge.

Once that was done, he started preheating the pan and seasoning the steak. There were many worries [Y/N] could deal with at this moment, but making a medium-rare steak with mixed veggies was all he cared for right now. After all, it would be much better to deal with his buzzing phone on the counter after he was well-fed and satisfied. On the left burner lay a stainless steel pan with a steak inside, the aromatic scent of rosemary and butter surrounded the teen as they stuck a thermometer in the steak, checking if it was cooking correctly. While a sauté of mixed vegetables was being cooked on the right burner, the fatty scent of butter combined with the freshness of the vegetables was so tempting, that any cartoon character would start flying towards the smoke atop the dish.

And then came the last step in cooking: plating. There was not much to plate as there was only a small bowl of vegetables and steak. Carefully moving the steak from the pan to the plate was the easy part, avoiding the burning butter and aromatics was the hard part. A few slight burns and struggles later, he pushed the pens and papers aside as they sat on the couch with their dinner. The dishes can be done later. After all, now is the time to eat (and maybe respond to the GC).

Cutting a part of the steak off and biting into it first before taking in a spoonful of rice was a deadly, yet delicious culinary experience for the teen. To him, it tasted a bit too good that he forgot the task at hand. Sighing for the nth time today, he opened the messaging app and started reading a few messages back.