𝟬𝟬𝟯. we're the weird ones

-ˏˋ

-ˏˋ. 𝒘𝒆'𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒆𝒊𝒓𝒅 𝒐𝒏𝒆𝒔 .ˊˎ-

After leaving the Zombie Safe Room, the school had seemingly returned to normal. Apparently, Principal Lee had announced that the Z-Alarm was a "false alarm" after being given the all-clear by the Z-Patrol officers. The school day would proceed as scheduled, meaning that given the time it was now towards the end of second period and third period would start in just a few minutes. Parents would be notified about today's events, and should any student be caught or found to have pulled the Z-Alarm falsely would be suspended.

Roxie fell back into her usual pattern, finding an empty seat in the classroom and keeping to herself until the bell would ring and she could run out of class again. Of course, she paid attention to her teachers and what they had to say, which mainly included the rules of the class and the expectations for the school year since it was still the first day. But other than that, Roxie made no effort to put herself out there or climb the social ladder.

It really didn't matter to her to make friends, it wasn't like they would be staying in Seabrook for long anyway. They would eventually move again, so all she had to do was keep her supernatural secret under wraps until then.

But of course, this brings her back to what happened earlier with Zed in the Zombie Safe Room. No, Roxie didn't regret telling him that she was a witch or using her magic to help him. If she didn't, Zed most likely would be facing some severe punishment for being in the safe room in the first place and the guilt would've eaten Roxie alive. But now, Zed knew that he wasn't the only one facing the drawbacks of being supernatural, especially in a place like Seabrook. And Roxie hoped that little reassurance would go a long way.

After both third and fourth period finished, it was now time for lunch. Roxie almost instantly found her brother again, who was patiently waiting for her at the end of the hallway.

"So, today has been exciting," Vincent commented as the two siblings joined the stream of students heading to the cafeteria.

"It certainly has ... but at least I got out of Biology for a day."

"It's the first day, Roxie. It's hardly much of a class."

"True and the same can be said tomorrow when Mr. Harris goes through the bio syllabus all over again."

" ... Touché."

The Francis-Montero siblings entered the cafeteria, stopping to look around the vast area filled with members of the student body. There was nothing out of the ordinary from a typical school cafeteria except for the cheerleaders section.

Yes, the students on either the varsity or junior varsity cheer team had a section of the cafeteria reserved just for them. It sat on a raised platform under the school's logo, the glowing pink and green sign highlighting their place at the top of the school hierarchy. A pink rope sectioned off the area from the rest of the cafeteria, only adding to the exclusivity and elite status. And at the center of this very exclusive area and team was of course, Bucky and his three sidekicks. If there was ever any doubt who reigned supreme at Seabrook High School, the cafeteria showcased that answer as clear as day.