𝟬𝟬𝟱. like everyone else

-ˏˋ

-ˏˋ. 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒆𝒍𝒔𝒆 .ˊˎ-

Zed walked back to Zombietown with a bit more pep in his step, and a takeaway bag in his hand from Granny's Diner. His first two weeks of human high school didn't live up to his expectations in the slightest. Sure, his dad may have been right about humans not exactly liking zombies, humans and zombies weren't the only creatures out there. Because Zed had met a witch by the name of Roxie, and now he couldn't look at the world the same way ever again. Because learning about the existence of witches proved that he didn't know as much about the world he thought he did. In fact, he knew very little but equally had so much to learn.

Naturally, Zed had questions but he also knew that he couldn't pry that information out of Roxie just to satisfy his thirst for knowledge. From what Zed could tell, Roxie was a private person and a large part of that was due to wanting to keep her true nature a secret. And in a place like Seabrook, Zed could understand why that was so important to her.

But that was the first thing he was curious about. Roxie was a witch because she inherited magic from her mother, Ruby; and she from her mother, Winifred. This meant that Granny Lucas, someone that Zed's known for his entire undead life, was a witch. Granny Lucas has been a pillar in the community for years yet no one (other than her family and now Zed) were none the wiser about her supernatural status. Heck, no one even knew there were witches in Seabrook yet there was one right under their noses.

So, how did Granny Lucas manage to hide for so long? How did the Seabrook townspeople come to believe that witches were fictional, despite one living among them? And since witches are real, did that mean other supernatural creatures from the books, movies and TV shows were real as well? Were they also living among them and hiding in plain sight? And how did Roxie -

Okay, stop thinking about Roxie, He told himself.

Reaching his front door of his home and taking out his keys, he paused and turned around to look at Eliza's door down the street from him. Though Zed didn't regret his alone time today, it was still strange for him to be without Eliza and Bonzo since the three spent most of their time together. But Eliza's little version of a pep talk earlier this week didn't help and the fact that she kept giving him the 'you-know-I'm-right' look every time Zed brought up football only made matters worse. And poor Bonzo had to find new ways to change the subject before an argument would erupt. Zed knew that it was just Eliza's way of looking out for him, but he didn't see why he was so wrong for having hope that things would be alright.

Well, he was wrong for being so hopeful because Eliza had been proven right in the end.

Shaking off the negative thoughts, Zed unlocked his door and headed inside. "I'm home!"

"Zed!"

Right on cue, the teenager was immediately met with a seven-year-old to the leg. He chuckled at the action, stumbling slightly but managing to remain upright.