CHAPTER 1

Rao City’s weather in June was like a stove. The scorching sun created layers of heatwaves on the asphalt road. It was so hot that no one was seen on the streets.

Kim Jennie came out of the room dragging her newly packed luggage.

She could already hear Kim Da Hyun's chatter before she was downstairs.

“Mom and Dad, are Jennie’s biological parents really coming to pick her up?

Father Kim sternly replied, “It’s none of your business. Are you done practicing for the piano piece you’re performing later? Your Grandmother’s friend will be coming from Beijing. She’s a Humanities Professor and a National Pianist. If you perform well, and with the help of your grandmother, your application to a university in Beijing will be settled.”

“I have been practicing.”

Before Jennie headed down, she heard Da Hyun whining again.

“Dad, what do you think Sister’s biological parents look like?”

She innocently rambled on. “Her biological parents said they were coming the day before, yet they’re only arriving today! Could it be that they took a train from a ravine to come here?”

Jennie couldn’t help but pause in her footsteps, feeling insulted.

Three months ago, she unknowingly found out that her dear sister Kim Da Hyun and her boyfriend were having an intimate relationship and cheating on her.

She couldn’t hold back her anger and exposed the matter, only to find out that she wasn’t part of the Kim Family but just a foster child that they adopted from the orphanage.

The Kim Family didn’t adopt her because they wanted to do a good deed.

It was because Da Hyun was born with a rare blood disease. Other than taking medications, she also required blood transfusions every month.

The Kim Family ran a company that was successfully listed last year, so they were considered well-known in Rao City. If Da Hyun's illness could be treated with money, it would save the Kim Family from trouble.

Unfortunately, other than being born with illness, Kim Da Hyun also had the rare RH blood type. Only one in 100,000 would inherit such a blood type.

Because it was so rare, hospitals called this blood type the Panda blood.

It meant that it was more precious than a panda.

The Kim Family had the financial capability, but it wasn’t certain that the hospital would have enough blood for Da Hyun every month. Thus, the Kim Family came up with the idea of adopting a child with a matching blood type from an orphanage to act as a blood bag for Kim Da Hyun.

She was that free blood bag.

From a young age, Jennie had been taught to be a good sister by giving the pretty clothes and the awards to her younger sister. If it wasn’t for the matter between Kim Da Hyun and Dong YongBae, she would still be kept in the dark.

The Kim Family told her about it only because Da Hyun had almost fully recovered after receiving the treatment in the past years and no longer required medication or blood transfusion.

She was of no use anymore. Grandma Kim was also so upset that she blew up the matter between Da Hyun and YongBae at Da Hyun’s birthday party, so they exposed her identity in front of everyone to save Da Hyun and the Kim Family’s reputation.

Father Kim didn’t want to talk about Jennie. “Stop talking.”

Da Hyun replied defiantly, “I’m not wrong. If they could afford the flight tickets, they would have been here by now. They’re probably paupers!”