5: Jeonghan's Childhood

Jeonghan's vehement rejection of the idea of a sibling had been a persistent issue since the pregnancy announcement. His parents, trying their best to handle the situation, felt the sting of his outburst acutely.

"No way I'm having a sibling, appa!" Jeonghan's small frame quivered with the force of his declaration, his face flushed with emotion. His parents, Yoon and Jiyeon, exchanged weary glances, their frustration palpable. This scene had replayed itself countless times since they had shared the news with him.

"Hannie, try to understand," Yoon said gently, crouching down to Jeonghan's level. "You'll get a brother or sister. You're becoming an elder brother now. Isn't that nice?"

Jeonghan's response was immediate and resolute. "No, it's not."

Jiyeon took a deep breath, hoping to appeal to his sense of reason. "Han, why don't you want a sibling? Do you think eomma and appa will stop giving you enough attention or would love your sibling more? If you think that, it's definitely not going to happen."

But Jeonghan's reply shocked them to their core. "I don't want anyone to have what's mine. Appa's cars, this house, his company... everything is mine and only mine."

Stunned, the Yoons were momentarily at a loss for words. They had never expected such possessive and harsh words from their six-year-old son. Yoon finally found his voice, his tone a mix of bewilderment and concern. "Han, who taught you these things? What are you even saying?"

Jeonghan's eyes hardened. "I don't want a brother or sister, and that's final. And if you bring me one, I'll kill him."

"HAN!" Jiyeon cried out, her voice a mix of shock and anguish.

Without another word, Jeonghan stormed off to his room, slamming the door behind him. He sat on his bed, seething with anger, his small fists clenched. His gaze fell on his prized collection of model cars, meticulously arranged on a shelf. Most were rare and expensive, gifts from his father who had brought them back from his travels around the world.

"No way I'm going to let you live, little bro or sissy!" he vowed silently. The thought of sharing his father's love, his home, and his treasures with anyone else was unbearable. Jeonghan was convinced he deserved everything that belonged to his father alone, and he was determined to keep it that way.

_

"Hana, what's wrong with you? You literally tried to kill our baby?" Daehyun's voice echoed through the hospital hallway, thick with disbelief and fury. He had rushed their baby to the nearest hospital just in time to save him, and the thought of what could have happened if he had been a minute later chilled him to the bone.

Hana's eyes brimmed with tears, her voice shaking as she pleaded, "I didn't drown him, honey! Trust me, I didn't!"

Daehyun's frustration boiled over. "Oh, don't give me crap like you were playing or you were possessed. Please don't! I clearly saw you doing that!"

He sighed deeply, running a hand through his hair, trying to make sense of the situation. "You don't trust me, babe? I'm your wife."

"And he's my son, Hana. My priority, and he should be your priority too. But you tried to drown him?"

"Honey, please listen to me. You love me, right? You are accusing me of killing our son?"

"I am, Hana. Because I saw everything right in front of my eyes!"

"You are supposed to love me more, not him. I came into your life first, I loved you unconditionally. I'm the reason you got him. Now how can you throw me away all of a sudden!"