RICK GRIMES RETURN

Everyone's hope was over. The group was not coming back. They had to accept that. For some it was easy, for others it was very difficult.

Lori, Carl, Shane and Victoria were sitting together. Shane was working on the guns, Lori was cutting Carl's hair, and Victoria was preparing a mushroom dish for dinner.

"Baby, the more you fidget, the longer it takes. So don't, okay?" Lori said to Carl.

Carl grunted. "I'm trying."

"Then try harder."

Victoria laughed at them.

Shane interjected. "If you think this is bad, wait until you start shaving. It hurts like hell. When that day comes, you'll wish for one of your mom's haircuts."

"I'll believe it when I see it."

Shane laughed. "Tell you what, if you get through this with manly dignity, tomorrow I'll teach you something special. I'll teach you how to catch frogs.

"I've caught frogs before."

"I said frogs. Plural. And it's an art, my friend. It's not to be taken lightly."

Victoria raised one eyebrow as she laughed. "Catching frogs?"

"Yes! There are ways and methods few people know about and I'm willing to share my secrets."

Carl looked at his mother. Lori turned Carl's head back. "Oh, I'm a girl. You talk to him."

Shane chuckled. "It's a one-time offer, bud, not to be repeated."

"Why do we need frogs, Plural?" asked Carl.

"Hmm?" added Lori.

"You ever eat a frog's legs?"

"Ew!" disgusted Carl.

Shane disagreed with Carl. "No, yum!"

Lori agreed with her son. "No, he's right. Ew."

"I think Shane's right. We might have to eat. It might even have to be our favorite food. I can't believe it," Victoria said, not believing what she was saying.

Shane laughed. "When you get down to that last can of beans, you're gonna be loving those frog legs, lady. I can see it now."

Shane imitated Lori." 'shane, do you think I could have a second helping, please? Please? Just one?' "

Lori looked at Shane in disbelief and laughed." Yeah, I doubt that."

Shane chuckled, "Don't listen to her, kids. Carl, you and me, we'll be heroes. We'll feed these folks. Cajun-style kermit legs. "

"I would rather eat Miss piggy. "

Everyone looked at Lori.

Lori added. "Yes, that came out wrong."

Shane laughed. "Heroes, son spoken of in song and legend. You and me, Shane and Carl. And victoria will be our chef."

They all laughed.

A car alarm sounded and everyone headed in the direction of the sound.

Shane started running to Dale. "Talk to me, Dale!"

Dale kept looking through the binoculars. "Can't tell yet."

Amy desperately wanted an answer from Dale. "Is it them? Are they back?" "What is it?"

Dale finally answered. "A stolen car is my guess."

Carl, Lori and Victoria watched the car pull up.