Chapter 1

Summary: Bella thought her life was perfect but everything changes with one school project. Follow Bella's journey through trials and lies.

Beautiful Star

Chapter 1

Third Person

Bella was sitting in her room staring at the documents in her hand. She had gone up to the attic to find a family tree for a history project and found her birth certificate instead. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal, but what she found instead was not what she was expecting.

Bella has been having a tough year. First her Ed... her boyfriend left her. It still hurts to think about him. She has been hanging out with Jacob, a local boy from the reservation, but he too left her. She was once again all alone. She was really hoping this project would teach her more about herself and maybe she could move away from Forks and away from her memories. She really should have left with Renee, but she was too involved in the situation. She wanted to believe he was coming back for her, and she didn't want him to come back and find her gone. She knew now that he wasn't going to come back, and even though it still hurt to think about him she was still healing.

She looked back at the documents in her hand. She was expecting to find her parents Renee and Charles Swan listed, but that wasn't the case. Listed as her parents were Renee Claire and Charles Labonair.

What shocked her the most was not her birth certificate, but the attached death certificate for Isabella Marie Labonair for the day of her birthday. She had a million questions. What were they hiding from her? Why were they hiding it from her? Most importantly though was what were they hiding from? She knew that her father would not keep something like this from her if it wasn't important. Charlie always did what he thought was best and what would protect her.

That didn't stop her from wondering why they would move from New Orleans and why they would create new identities. She couldn't help but wonder what life would have been like if she had stayed in New Orleans.

BELLA/TWILIGHT/ORIGINALS/BELLA/TWILIGHT/ORIGINALS

In New Orleans Isabelle Labonair could feel the shift in the air. Something had changed and that change would bring about a revolution within the French Quarter. Things were already beginning to change with the Claire girl now aligning herself with the vampires. The witches that feared for their lives were hiding out in the cemetery and refusing to practice magic, and those who refused to back down were slowly being taken out by the vampires.

She thought of her family and all the pain that surrounded it. She remembered the night everything had changed for her. When she had found out her family had been taken from her. Her two sons lost to the war in the French Quarter. Each faction feared what the other could do and no one wanted one faction to have more power than the other.

In another part of New Orleans, a young werewolf was sitting in a cold room wondering what was happening to her. All she wanted was to find out who she really was. She did not want to be the center of a war. Hayley had grown up in a good family with loving parents. All that had changed when she was 16, after a party involving alcohol and drunk teenagers. She had attended a party on a boat with some of her friends when things got a little out of hand and she hurt one of her friends who later died due to the situation. Hayley could not forgive herself for the death of her friend and after the next full moon she would have a constant reminder of what she did. On the next full moon she changed into a werewolf for the first time and it changed her life forever.

She was adopted! The people she thought were her biological parents were not. The only thing that linked her to her biological family was a birthmark shaped like a crescent moon. This began the journey that led her to Mystic Falls and into Klaus Mikaelson. After a night that Hayley would like to forget, Klaus told her that the only place he had seen a wolf with a crescent moon was in New Orleans. That is how she found herself being held hostage. Hayley had just arrived in New Orleans and was immediately taken in by witches and held captive. She had hoped to come to New Orleans to find her family, but seemed to be brought into a war between the factions.

Hayley could hear the witches whispering about a great power which could cause massive destruction. They were also talking about a shift in power, which if harvested could bring more power to the witches. If there was one thing she knew about witches, it was that they always did what was best for them no matter the cost to the supernatural world. These witches did not seem much different. She needed to get out of here quickly, or atleast find out why these witches kidnapped her in the first place.

Also in New Orleans, a young Sabine Laurent was plotting a way to bring the original family back into town and end the killing of the witches. She had just found out that a young werewolf was pregnant by the original hybrid. Something she knew she could use to draw in the family, but first she would have to take out the one person who would try and put a stop to her plan. Sabine suddenly felt a sudden shift in power and smiled. Everything would fall into place just like she wanted it to.

BELLA/TWILIGHT/ORIGINALS/BELLA/TWILIGHT/ORIGINALS

In Florida, Renee could also feel the shift in the air. She immediately began to fear what was coming. She knew that if she had felt the change, so did the others. She picked up her phone and dialed a number she knew by heart.

She waited as the phone rang three times before a man answered "Forks Police Department."

"Charlie, we have a problem" Renee stated.

I really hope you like it and please review.