Chapter 12

Chapter 12

                “Hey Mark…Marky…Mark Sloan.” I hear Callie say as she approached Mark at the nurse’s station. She grabbed a patient’s chart, but before opening to look at it, she looked at Mark.

                “Why do you look like you’re dead?” Mark’s elbow was against the counter and his chin was leaning against it.

                “Mhm? Oh…it’s nothing. I need coffee.” Mark covered up the real reason.

                “I’ll have Murphy get you one.” Mark groaned loudly as he began rubbing his temple.  Callie looked at him suspiciously,

                “Are you okay?” Callie reached out to place her hand on his shoulder, but he quickly swatted it away.

                “I’m fine.” He said in annoyed tone before walking away.

                “Um…okay?” Callie said as she turned to look at the chart in her hand, but before she began reading it, her eyes glanced over at me.

                “Oh! Lexie!” She closed the chart and headed towards me…crap!

                “What’s wrong with Mark? Is he okay?” I shrugged and shook my head, but then nodded.

                “I-I-um…-I gotta go.” I quickly said and turned around.

                “No! Get back here!” Callie commanded. I jumped a bit startled and turned back around to face her.

                “Tell me. What’s wrong?”

                “I-um…if he doesn’t wanna tell you, then maybe you shouldn’t try to snoop around.” I swallow hard and look at her.

                “Urg! Go poke at people’s brains then!” She said angrily. I nodded quickly and took off.

                “Mark!” I followed after Derek into a conference room.

                “What?” Mark said a bit annoyed before he spotted me with him.

                “Lex…” He smiled a bit, but let out a sigh. Derek began talking when suddenly I heard someone talking.

                “Hey, I need a consult on a kid who says she can’t feel her arm.” I turn to the door and see Alex.

                “You wanna take care of that, Dr. Grey?” Derek says to me in which I smile and nod.

                “Of course.” I say as I head out and follow Alex towards the patient’s room.

                “This is Maya Rodriguez.” Alex introduced us as I began doing the daily check-up.

                “Hi Maya, I’m Dr. Grey. Dr. Karev has informed me that you can’t feel your arm?” I ask her.

                “Y-Yeah…” She softly says.

                “Which arm is it?”

                “The left…” She points at her left arm. I take out a tool and begin running it over her arm.

                “Can you feel this?” She nods softly.