VI. Drunken Hangovers

★ six ,
drunken hangovers

SYDNEY
          july 2022

*ੈ✩‧₊˚ SAM HAD returned back to london, and suddenly odessa felt completely and utterly alone again. at first, sam wasn't compliant to go back home. she was going to stay in melbourne until the melbourne cup, but odessa had convinced her to go back home. she knew sam missed the feeling of london, odessa felt the same way about sydney.

with three months until she could return back onto the court, odessa was sick of watching her team compete without her on the tv. odessa was able to move freely, her trainings with sam were constantly building up the strength in her legs again. she started to go on night runs, when her mother fell asleep. odessa would run around the block until she felt herself begin to falter.

odessa had flown over to sydney after a week of sam being in london. their time different was insane, with london being nine hours behind sydney. they texted whenever they could, and normally finished off odessa's night with a phone call.

odessa's leg laid flat on the doctors bed, her mind scattering with thoughts while her doctor took a look at her leg. she hadn't had a check up since february, which was the last time she had been in sydney. she was beyond nervous of what his reaction could be, she believed she was getting better. she hoped he thought the same.

doctor. sinclair lightly tapped the back of her leg. "everything looks good."

odessa shifted in her seat, taking a deep breath in.

sinclair let go off her leg. standing up off his chair, he pulled the blue latex gloves off his hands with a cheesy smile "you're recovering faster than the surgeon said you would."

odessa raised a questioning eyebrow. "still october?"

the doctor hummed softly "more like september"

his words caused an outburst of emotion to escape through odessa. the feeling was amazing, she wanted to be out on court, and now she could a month earlier.

"only—" the doctor cut her excitement off "if you don't feel any tension around the area, and there no signs of pain. no painkillers, nothing that deflect the pain. you don't want to retear it, odessa."

odessa nodded quickly with a beam present on her face "i'll tell you right away if something happens"

she could return to the court in september.two months.

she needed to tell sam.

*ੈ✩‧₊˚. ODESSA JUMPED from her spot on the couch when her phone rang before a smile took over her feautures seeing the callers ID 'sammy'

"hey, sammy bear" odessa flopped onto her bed, placing her airpods in her ears

"sunshine" sam greeted, turning on her camera. she was in her apartment kitchen, cooking something on the stove.

odessa got off her bed, standing her phone against the wall of her bedside table. scrambling towards her small closet where she pulled out two dresses.

"what's the special occasion?" sam questioned.

odessa was bursting in excitement to tell her. "i went to the doctors today.  .  . and he said i'm able to get back on court in september. so, me and the netball team are going out tonight in a small celebration"