XI. I Keep Picturing, Her Lips On Your Neck.

★ twenty - one ,
i keep picturing her
lips on your neck.

MELBOURNE
     december 2022

*ੈ✩‧₊˚ THEY WERE back where they started; odessa standing in front of sam, wearing sams hot pink football boots while sam stood in front of the goals, holding a soccer ball in her hand. sams 'gym bro' playlist throwing lyrics out at the pair, the sun glistened over them. in eight months they had fallen in love, and destroyed it. leading to their rebuilding of friendship.

"i'm getting some major deja vu" sam chuckled, rolling the ball towards the girl. odessa nodded her head, so was she.

odessa stopped the ball from moving. she tighetened up her high ponytail "i think we should play a game, like last time."

"what. . . twenty one questions, part two?" sam questioned. "wait— i have one."

odessa raised her eyebrow, waiting for sam to continue.

"truth or dare" sam cheered "you get it in, you ask me a truth or dare me. you miss, i ask you or dare you."

odessa quite liked the idea. she nodded her head with a comforting hum "sure. . . but i swear to god samantha if you dare me to eat a spaghetti sandwich i will murder you in your sleep."

sam smiled, looking down at the ground "there goes my major dare."

odessa smirked. seeing sam caught off guard, odessa slammed the side of her foot into the ball. cheering as it bounced against the back net "one for one baby!"

"you cheated" sam gasped.

odessa clicked her tongue, she lifted a single eyebrow giving sam a challenging look. "just admit it sammy, you've pretty shit at being a goalkeeper. . . so, truth or dare?"

"truth" sam smiled proudly, seeing the defeated look on odessa's face. "can't trust you with dare yet, sunshine."

odessa rolled her eyes at the nickname. "let's start easy for you sammy bear, truthfully, who do you prefer more, kanye or taylor?"

"taylor" sam stated without hesitation "what? you honestly thought that would be harder for me? my man's drake, i ain't got a single bone in my body that likes kanye."

odessa hummed. liking her answer. she kicked the ball again, sam reaching out with her left hand, deflecting it from the goals "what'd you say about me being a bad goalkeeper?"

odessa glared. "that was a lucky one. it won't happen again kerr. mark my words, i'm the best key striker of all time."

sam threw the ball at her, odessa quickly ducking to avoid being concussed. she stood up, glaring at sam even harder "what the fuck was that for?"

"i thought netballers were supposed to catch balls?" sam placed her gloved hands on her hips. "truth or dare?"

"dare"

"i dare you to purposely miss your next two shots" sam dared. a knowing look present on her feautures.

"you can't do that" odessa groaned.