Chapter 5 - I Promise Part Two.

Part Two

It's been a few years now since then, but I'll never forget it. I don't know what Xavier's been up to. starting O.M.I. took a lot of resources and time. It helped keep my mind off of things. Once the dust settled a new president had to be elected. Kelly Smith was the United States' new president. She was no bullshit. She was tired of all the corruption. Tired of seeing people suffer. She was the first want to contact O.M.I. and offer a big government contract. The military needed help. and I knew just a People to do that. I put a lot of good people to work. building new types of planes and spacecrafts. We were helping to get the economy back on track. People could travel easier and more affordable than ever.

And of course, I was researching and developing many other projects. XO spine helped so many. my leg braces that not only helped myself. but so many more were able to walk again. not to mention the exoskeletons. that was being utilized in construction and industry. New Roads buildings, you name it, were being built more efficiently, safer, and more affordable. Affordable was the keyword here, we were in a fucking recession.

We had the people to answer to. I remember hearing Kelly's speech I Work for You, the People. it's not the other way around you should not be afraid of your governing body "You elect us" we are nothing more than public servants. She was true to her word and genuine. The people needed to hear that and see it in action. What's the old saying " Actions speak louder than words."

Sam says, Jack. Jack replies, what Sam says are you daydreaming again? Jack says Yeah yeah you could say that. Jack gets up from the pilot seat. I need to pee and I need coffee, Sam says What were you dreaming about? Jack says I wasn't dreaming I was having a fucking nightmare. He walks into the kitchen area and makes some coffee and grabs a snack. Sam Jack says I'm heading down to the cargo bay. I gotta check on the big guy. His programming is still wonky.

Jack gets to the loading bay. Jack says big guy you doing all right? Jack walks up to his titan.

who is currently standing against the wall.
Large Robotic arms are working on the Titan making repairs. The titan says Hello pilot. Jack looks at the 3-D printers. It's almost done, big guy. It should work a lot better than the last one. The Titan, replies I'm sorry I broke it. Jack replies don't be sorry. It's all trial and error. Never thought I would have an N5 Titan. Riding shotgun with me. Can't believe I found you. On echo one, I owe you a lot, big guy who saved our lives.

Jack takes a seat. 
I don't know if I'm ready for this, Jack thought. What does she want? I stayed away from her. I didn't want to hurt her. Sam, yes Jack, can you put the letter on my tablet?

Of course, Sam says.
I grab my tablet. And took a big sip of coffee.
I clicked on Claire's letter.

Dear archangel.

I hope this letter finds you. You don't know me. My name is Claire Xavier. I don't know how to write this. I guess I'm asking for your help. I will try not to bore you with all the details. I've been diagnosed with cancer. It's pretty aggressive and incurable. I come to terms with it. I'm asking for help, for my brother James Xavier, and my son Pete. They are my world. My brother thinks I don't know, but we are badly in debt. The bank may take our house. We have very little in the bank and the medical bills are piling up. I don't know how you can help, but everyone says. Have faith. Well, I will tell you I'm kind of running out of faith but I must hold on for my brother and my son.

Could you do me the biggest favor? I don't know how you'll find him but his name is Jack Wesley. We dated during high school. He and my brother were accused of murder. on a planet, called echo one. Jack left, without a trace after the trial, I know he's out there, could you tell him?
"I've always loved him" I fear I will never have a chance to see him again. My time is running out.
I hope with all my heart you find him and tell him to live and love again.