Pilot 3

Kalani was on the bleachers with one headphone in listening to the routine music for the big game as the football team was practicing for the upcoming game. As kalani looks up she sees Spencer fumble over all his plays and couldn't even catch a single ball causing Billy to blow the whistle. "Aw Spencer" kalani mumbles shaking her head.

"Get it together, man. You smell like a party bus."Asher says with a disgust face."Heh heh. More like Tequila and regret." Jordan adds in, jokingly. Spencer's eyes widened in realization.

"Hold up, y'all set me up?" Spencer in realization asks while looking at Jordan and Asher. "Last night I thought..." He trails off feeling betrayed as Jordan cut him off. "Thought what? Thought that we were a team, friends?" He questions with an arched brow. "The only reason you were even at that party is because we told Leila to get you there."

"To what? What, haze me? Make me look bad?You got me confused with somebody else, bruh." Spencer says getting upset. "Then go back to Crenshaw." Asher spits out."What'd you say? Say that again, bruh. Come on, bruh. What? Say it again, bruh." Spencer says shoving Asher. Fist clenched, he moves forward to punch Asher when billy to rush over to Spencer and pulls him back.

"I will not let you blow this. One fight, and you're done. Game over. Cool it." Billy says getting infront of Spencer before turning to his son.

"And you... you should know better than this." Billy says making jordan roll his eyes. "Oh, do not put this on me, Dad. You worked this whole thing up. It was all a lie. Even the guy's permit to be at the school was a lie, a lie to save yourself." Jordan says back to his father who sighs. "Hey, yo, Spencer, you think he cares about you? He's just trying to save his job, OK? That's... that's what matters." Jordan says.

"Enough." Billy says.

"Not you." Jordan says.

"Jordan." Billy warns.

"You don't matter to..." jordan says trying to keep going. "Jordan, enough. Enough." Billy says as Jordan's walks away. "Back to work." Billy says to Asher who does the same thing.

Heated, Spencer went to the lockers to change as Billy follows him. "Spencer....." Billy calls out. "Yo, man, I quit. I'm done here." Spencer says as he takes off his football gear. "Why, because I need your help to win a season? Look, winning is my job." Billy says trying to explain.

"Then you should have said that from the start. All that "here to give you a chance" talk, I didn't need it. And I don't belong here." He says upset. "Look, yes, I need you to win games, but you need me more." Billy starts off.

"Is that right?" Spencer questions as he zips up his bag. "This is your chance, Spencer. This is your way out. Look, I'm trying to help you." Billy says but spencer cuts him off. " I didn't ask for your help or a way out. Look, you might recall I wasn't the one knocking down Beverly's door. You came, said you'd help me get to my dream. And now that I get here, you change my position? How is that helping?" Spencer says recalling the memory.

"You can see the field, Spencer, in a way few players can. Look, I made a promise, remember? I said that I would help you get to the NFL. But in order to do that, I need you to see the field from every angle, because when you do, you'll be unstoppable. Look, I'm just getting to know you, OK, but I can see it plain as day. You're looking for a fight. And all your life, every bad decision you've ever made is because your father left you when you were a kid. Listen to me. But the path you take now, that's up to you." Billy says before leaving. Spencer looks as Billy walks away and begins thinking.

As he walks out of the locker room kalani spots him and runs to catch up with him. "Hey Spencer!" Kalani calls out making Spencer stop walking. "I know this is a dumb question but are you alright?" Kalani asks. "I don't belong here kalani" Spencer says as kalani walks up to him.