Chapter Three

Kaytlin                                                                                                                                                             I was in my bed, reading. I love reading. I don't know why lots of people hate it! It takes you in another world, in other characters shoes, tells the most brilliant stories. But right now, I didn't feel like reading. I placed the book in my bedside table, and I just lied down staring at the ceiling, thinking my own thoughts. 

I realised how when we got those texts, I wasn't as surprised. I meant, it was just like, oh, we have do these random tasks, otherwise we will die, okay. Now that I think of it, it was weird. Aren't I supposed to be more scared and shocked? Was this all a spell, and this was part of it?        Right then my phone rang, knocking me out of my thoughts. It was my mother, who was away on a business trip for three years.

"Hello mum," I said. "Katie! How are you? I'm so sorry I can't video call you, I'm a bit busy right now." She sounded very tired. "Mum, can you come home?" I said, my voice quivering. "Oh I'm sorry darling, you know I can't! Oh my manager is calling, I gotta go. Love you!" She said. "I love you too..." I said quietly, but she already cut the call. 

Then I started crying, silently at first, but then it turned into small sobs, because I will never, ever, see my mother again.