Chapter 1: Introduction

So many people have had happy endings. Some happy endings include family, some include success and more include true love. Some loves have met when they were older. Some met at the right age and some met in high school. Those loves from high school are the sweetest and most genuine of all true loves. They are known as high school sweethearts. But there is one love story that questions that name. This is the love story of Adelyn and Bradley Reed.

Adelyn Ellington has been going to Oakbridge all her life. Since Oakbridge is so small, nothing exciting happens. At the beginning of Adelyn's senior year, she found out that the coach she had for track had retired. She was very upset about it because her coach taught her everything she knows. But Adelyn would get to meet her new coach on the first day of school. In Oakbridge, they have classes dedicated in training students who want to get a sports scholarship for college. Unfortunately, the class that Adelyn wanted to take was removed this year. Instead of that class, Adelyn was chosen as the one senior to earn the new scholarship program. The Extreme Athletic Training Scholarship Program will give Adelyn a full scholarship to any college of her choice. Also, in Oakbridge, they use a block schedule which means that they have four classes with ninety minutes a day. Adelyn's schedule was busy. First block she had her training program with the new coach. Then second block was English V. 3a is her lunch and 3bc is psychology. Finally fourth block is child development. But her day is not over yet. After school, she has either track or training. Adelyn's passion is for track. For the entire year other than March 21st to May 16th is when she will be training. On the 6th of September, Adelyn got dressed in her long strapless black and purple dress that hung down to her ankles. She also wore diamond earrings, and purple heels. Yes, she wears heels. Just because she's an athlete doesn't mean she can't rock them. Adelyn threw her long blonde hair into a messy bun. She had the cat-eye look and it was perfect. Adelyn walked into the gym with her backpack on and her gym bag in hand. The bell rang at exactly 7:50. Adelyn was still the only one in the gym after that bell rang.