Chapter 1 :)

"James, hurry up or you're going to be late for school!" Natalie yelled. "I'm coming!" James screamed back, leaping into the car.

It was 8:30 am and James was headed to school. When she arrived she saw her best friend Harper waiting for her at the door.

"Morning Harps!" James said with a smile. "Morning sleepy head. How late did you wake up?" Harper said laughing. "You don't even want to know." James said, laughing back. They both rushed to class not wanting to be late. This was their last year of high school so every class mattered.

" Everyone, can you please hand in your field trip permission slips." James' teacher said. "Oh shoot, I forgot mine in my locker. Miss I'll be right back. I left mine in my locker." James told her teacher. "Oh as did I, I'll be right back as well." Jackson said, rolling his eyes.

James and Jackson left the classroom and headed to their lockers as they were opposite. "Why are you out here?" Jackson said in a harsh tone. "Ugh why are you even talking to me?" James asked.

As soon as they got their permission slips they heard a gunshot from afar. "What was that?" They both said looking at each other. Another bullet was fired and they knew immediately what it was. They started panicking and looking for the nearest empty classroom. They quickly found one and ran into it. They hid behind a desk in the corner of the room.

James was shaking as she was really scared and Jackson wasn't any better. 'BOOM.' Another gunshot was fired, hitting the glass window of the door of the classroom they were in. They both ducked, putting their hands on their heads and heads close to each other, leaning in for protection.

"Are you okay?" Jackson said, shivering. "I think so. Are you?" James asked frightened. "Yeah I am." Jackson said holding back tears. "Just breathe, okay? We're gonna make it out of here." Jackson said, grabbing his enemies hands to hold.

"You really don't look good. You look quite pale." Jackson whispered. "I'm fine. Look nothing wrong-" James said looking at the shot in her right side of stomach. "You're bleeding!" Jackson said, trying to whisper. "I can still breathe, I'm fine." James said starting to close her eyes. "Keep your eyes open. I need to know you're still alive." Jackson whimpered.

"Here I'll help you up, we need to get to a more safer part of this room, somewhere with no windows." Jackson whispered. He picked James up and carried her carefully to another corner of the room, making sure he wasn't hurting her.

James looked down at her wound again and started freaking out. She was having another panic attack. "Hey, hey, just pay attention to me. Don't look at it. You're fine, I'm here and I'm going to make sure nothing else happens to you." Jackson whispered, grabbing James' hands again.

"I- I can't breathe." James said, gasping for air. "Look at me, It's okay. Just slowly breathe. One breath at a time. Just think about how much you hate me." Jackson said with a slight chuckle. "Oh yeah. Wait what happened to us hating each other? Why are you being nice to me?" James said, starting to catch her breath. "Well we're kind of in a tough situation right now, and if one of us dies I don't want it to be with us fighting." Jackson explained.

~*~AUTHORS NOTE~*~

First chapter done! I know it's short and were getting into it fast but trust me, I have a vision. If you think that I am going to fast just let me know. Anyways I hope you enjoyed, see you next time!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~