Chapter 3: Breathless

Hanni went out of the bathroom, she washed herself until her skin went pinkish. The goo on her skin and clothes reminds her how scary life can be, students in her school are bullies over something small.

Though thinking about it, Minji isn't a small deal.

Knowing how popular her "fiancé" is, Hanni thought it was not going to help her get better days. She just feels it.

The short girl released a deep sigh as she dries her hair. She felt sad. She knew she didn't deserve it.

"Is it even worth it to get through this?" She thought.

She always dreamt of having a life full of laughter. She wanted a dog and a small house in the countryside. That was her longest dream, not until a month ago.

Hanni heard a knock.

*knock*

*knock knock*

*knock knock knock*

She was surprised by the sound created by the patterned knock. She walked and opened the door.

Upon opening, Hanni didn't see anyone. She felt goosebumps.

Could it be...

"G-ghost?"

The short girl fell on her butt and closed her eyes. Scaring herself.

Seconds later, Hanni slowly peeked at the door. She saw a white figure with long black hair.

"AH-" She almost woke the entire house up. But the person immediately covered her mouth.

Hanni squinted and saw Minji, an inch close to her face.

Minji was annoyed by the reaction. She was wearing an oversized white t-shirt and her hair was wet, also coming out from the shower.

"What's the loud noise?"

Minji and Hanni heard Mr. Pham, he looked at his daughter's room and his eyes widened.

Minji was holding Hanni's back as she was in the middle of supporting her from falling. Their faces were too close to each other.

Mr. Pham internally giggled and coughed. Thinking he might have bothered something miraculous.

"I'm so sorry for bothering you, good night lovebirds,"

Before the two can both react, Mr. Pham immediately closed Hanni's bedroom door and left.

The duo suddenly realized their position. Hanni stood straight and Minji scratched the back of her head.

"Sorry, I was surprised,"

Minji just rolled her eyes.

"What are you even doing here?" Asked Hanni.

Without a word, Minji pulled Hanni to the bed, both are now sitting and facing each other.

Hanni, surprised, looked at Minji carefully, not sure about her next move.

Then, Minji brought Hanni's arm and rested it on her thigh.

She then pulled an ointment and bandage from her jogger's pockets.

Hanni felt a little nervous about the gesture, but she stayed quiet. Observing Minji tending to her scratches.

Minji tuck her fringes behind her ear, and Hanni was just looking at her and thought she skipped a heartbeat. This was the first time she could see Minji's face.