nika and emrys car chaos - filler chap

HOT FLAMING CHEETOS •

• HOT FLAMING CHEETOS •

FRESHMAN YEAR | UCONN

emrys entered her dorm room, as she saw her roommate nika mühl slouched in her bed, a phone in hand.

"hey, you wanna get dinner?"

"is it your treat?"

"if that's what can get you to come"

emrys silently agreed, dropping her belongings in her bed. she went inside their shared bathroom to change into more comfortable clothes as they head out for dinner.

nika had took the girl's benz as they both made their way to the basement.

emrys had never seen nika drive before so she was still unsure if they were going to die a tragic death, or get there alive with their souls still intact in their bodies.

but she leaned in more towards the second option, thinking the croatian girl would drive well.

how fucking wrong she was.

according to experts, the distance between their apartment and mcdonalds is around 20-25 minutes, but nika had drove for only about 10 minutes until they got there.

you would imagine emrys to be impressed -yes, she normally would- but who can be fucking happy and all giddy when you're fucking trying to keep your soul from exiting your body as you trusted the seatbelt with your dear life to prevent you from falling off the passenger's seat for the last 10 minutes?

nika's driving was like riding a roller coaster. she passed through cars to avoid traffic, slipping in and out of the space they provided. she avoided every stop sign with one second to spare, saying that it was all just a waste of time.

the car practically rocked back and forth through the highway, the driver's eyebrows furrowed, her face covered with the emotion of anger like she was about to murder someone.

emrys silently screamed inside, her throat clogged up from the air coming from the rolled down windows.

the girl's mind flashed with her memories from past to present, which made emrys overthink if she was going to end up dead everytime nika places her foot at the gas pedal.

the roaring engine continued, until it stopped.

reaching their destination, the last thing emrys wanted to do was pass out. her mind was dizzy and hazy as she tried to reencounter the series of events that had passed by.

"the fuck was that? did i teleport?"

"thank me, my awesome driving skills could put you all to shame."

"you mean that you're 'awesome' driving skills could be a fucking way for us to go to heaven?"

"oh come on emrys, don't be so hard on yourself, you're not that nice."

"and, would you rather have the cause of your death be hunger? who knows that kind of food we would get fed if we died."

"better enjoy it now."

"jokes on you, i was voted most likely to be the nicest girl during middle school."

"and how did that turn out?"

"you're never driving again mühl."

"why not?" the croatian girl asked, dragging the sound of the last word.

"because i actually would like to know how my life would play out in the future, thank you."

"oh, you mean getting back together with a certain someone i definitely know?"

"shut the fuck up." emrys answered irritated, not hearing the last part nika had said.

"let's just eat before you start swearing or murdering someone."

"could be arson, you're not sure."

__________________________

hi guys!!
been quite a while, but here's a filler chap, i'm currently working on a new chapter for this book, and i also published another one for my girl nika mühl, better check it out ;)

- xoxo, samantha