YAADON KA PITARA

Hello, just wanted to put a small disclaimer that the first few paragraphs of this chapter contains the description of Heer 'almost' drowning. If you are not comfortable in reading that part, feel free to skip it. Making sure that you leave with a beautiful smile is my utmost priority.
Thankyou and Happy reading!

[ BONUS CHAPTER - PART 3 ]

- - ⚜️ - -

The jump was hard, the dive immature and the splash was unexpected.

The first time her head bobbed beneath the waves Heer wasn't worried. She had believed she could swim through, though the task now seemed tough. Her eyes blinked multiple times and yet she could only see blue everywhere. She moved her hands and legs frantically but couldn't reach the surface. After only thirty seconds more she was sinking again, her legs tired and struggling to bring her back towards the sun-speckled surface. She couldn't hear the music and chatter from the motor boat anymore and her hair rose like seaweed upwards, rippling in the currents.

Her thoughts became so scattered that normal functioning was impossible. When Heer could no longer hold her breath, she opened her mouth frantically letting the breathing tube float away. The cold water rushed in and all her illusions of surviving were gone. Soon the oxygen deprivation took away her thoughts and she waited for someone to return her to her loved ones.

Heer almost thought she was dead, or about to become dead. Her hair floated upwards and the sunlight was getting further away. That's when she felt a tight grip forming around her arm. Her eyes jolted open and she saw a hazy figure. Assuming it to be a sea monster, Heer instantly started slapping her hands on the body of the strange figure. But the grip turned only tighter, not leaving her. And then, she felt the tug. The force making her move upwards, and almost immediately she closed her eyes in anticipation.

With a loud gush, Heer was now on the surface of the water. She gasped for air, taking in as much as she could to stay alive. A loud cough erupted from her throat, and instinctively she felt a hand rubbing her back. This caused her to snap her eyes open only to find Darshan with a frown. It was then that she realised that it had been him who had helped her swim up the surface. She noticed how closely he held her body towards him, not letting her go. A shy smile spread across her face as she felt the wild butterflies in her stomach.

"Pagal aurat!!!" Darshan shrilled at a high pitch, making Heer blink back at him.
"Aise koyi dive karta hai kya? You almost killed me, woman."

She stood there frozen, holding tightly onto the swim ring given by the snorkel trainer. "Mujhe waapis jaana hai."

"Heer, you're safe now. Kuch ni hoga tujhe." Inaya assured rubbing her back. She helped her wear the life jacket.

"N-No, I just want to go back." Heer repeated herself. She looked at Darshan, blinking away her tears, "Mujhe waapis le chalo, please. I don't want to stay here."

Without a word, Darshan kept staring at her. In the hope of helping her overcome her fear, he had made it worse. He was so foolish to think it would make her happy, when it only made added onto her anxiety.
It was a bad idea. Maybe it was too early for her.

He held her right hand that was clutching the swim ring, as if her life depended on the rubber tube. Placing it on his chest, near his heart, he made her feel his heart beat. Next, he held her left hand and made her listen to her own heart's loud drumming. She blinked in surprise - both the hearts were beating with the same pace. Hers due to the fear and his seeing her being tensed.