# 4

{ F O U R }

- - ⚜️ - -

" You both again sat on last bench." Heer let out a cry, her frustration evident as she glanced back at her friends.

"Sorry, but physics lecture, I can't handle." Aarushi raised her hands up in air.

"Nor I. Itni neend aati hai." Inaya replied stifling a yawn.

"God knows best, you guys are just unbearable." Heer muttered. She shook her head and took her place at the first bench, determined to focus on her studies. Aarushi and Inaya, content with their chosen spot, sprawled out on the last bench, ready to survive another tedious lecture.

As the classroom filled with students, Heer settled down, diligently reviewing her notes. Suddenly, a tap on her desk interrupted her concentration. She looked up to find a person grinning back at her.

"Excuse me, can I sit here?" A deep husky voice asked.

Before she could respond, the stranger had already taken the seat beside her.

"O hello, I didn't say yes." Heer protested, her voice edged with annoyance.

"I didn't propose to you," came his quirky reply, followed by a cheeky grin. "Oh, by the way, I'm Darshan. Naam toh suna hi hoga."

"Nahi suna." Heer retorted, her tone flat and unamused.

" Uh, woh isliye kyuki college main naya aaya hoon na." Darshan continued, undeterred.

"Maine poocha?"

"Khadoos!" Darshan muttered understand his breath.

Before the conversation could escalate further, the professor, Ms. Poulita, walked into the room, signaling the start of the lecture. Heer immediately turned her attention back to her notes, scribbling down important points as Ms. Poulita began her lesson. Darshan, on the other hand, seemed more interested in observing the professor than paying attention to the lecture content.

Midway through the class, Darshan leaned towards Heer and started whispering. "Buddy, any idea if this professor is into any relationship?"

Heer ignored him, pretending not to hear.

"Heer continued to ignore him, focusing intently on her work.

"Aur haan, tu pehle ke topics bhi padha dena," Darshan added, his voice a persistent buzz in her ear.

"Will you shut up?" Heer finally snapped, her irritation boiling over.

"Heer, stand up. Get out of the class," Ms. Poulita's stern voice cut through the room.

"Ma'am, I-" Heer began to protest.

"I said get out. And you too," Ms. Poulita said, turning her sharp gaze towards Darshan.

With a resigned sigh, Heer gathered her things and stood up. Darshan, with a nonchalant shrug, followed suit. The classroom buzzed with whispers and curious glances as the two made their way to the door.

Once outside, Heer turned to Darshan, her eyes blazing with frustration. "This is all your fault!"

Darshan raised his hands in mock surrender. "Hey, I was just trying to make conversation."

"Conversation? During a lecture?" Heer glared at him. "Do you have any idea how important that class was?"

"Relax," Darshan said, leaning casually against the wall. "It's just one class. We'll catch up."