Chapter 19 - Prove it

Wills POV

I instantly kiss back but pull away quickly.

"As I said, prove it." I look at Mike, before walking away.

I walk back in to the living room and sit down, just thinking.

I'm not sure how hes going to prove it, I mean.. He's Mike. He isn't exactly the type to share his feelings. I just want an apology. But like, more sorrys and less rambling..

I see Mike walk in and he smiles at me, and I feel my face go red.

Stupid boy.

He chuckles and I roll my eyes, turning my head to the TV.

“I'm gonna go to my room for a bit, is that alright?" I ask them.

"Yeah, of course!" Eleven smiles at me and I smile softly back, and head to my room.

I walk in and close the door behind me, and sit down on my bed. I've been feeling really down recently, and I don't know why.. (Maybe its cos u tried to kill urself but idk man)

I am always reminded of awful I felt the night I tried to.. I don't want to think about it.

I shiver and decide to just lay down in bed. I want to forgive Mike. Of course I do, I mean.. hes Mike.

I have loved him ever since I can remember, and I want to just run back over to him and hug him until my arms give out.

All I honestly want is an apology, an honest, genuine apology. No rambles, no excuses. Just a genuine apology.

I will wait in this bed until I get a proper apology.

I decide to just go to sleep and wait it out. I close my eyes and drift to sleep fairly quickly.

"WILL? WILL! WHERE ARE YOU?" Mike yells from outside the bathroom.

"HOLY SHIT WILL!?" I see Mike burst into the bathroom.

"It hurts.. Mike." I tear up, looking at him.

"I know Will, I know! Just hold on, we will help you." Mike starts crying, and I start to feel loopy.

"Will." He says to me.

"Will!" He says again.

"WILL!" Mike yells and I wake up.

I'm sweating and panting, and I feel Mike's arms wrap around me.

I feel my face and it's wet, tear streaks staining my cheeks.

"What's wrong? You were sobbing and hyperventilating!" He looks at me confused.

"N-Nightmare.." I whisper.

"Oh.. Are you okay?" He frowns

"Yeah. Yeah I'm fine." I lie, trying to smile.

"Are you sure?" He looks at me and I look away.

"Yeah, I'm sure." I tell him, so he just sighs.

"Okay, well I wanted to talk to you." He says to me and I look up at him.

I wipe the tears away from my face and focus on him, and I see him get nervous.

"I-I'm really sorry Will. I know that I keep saying it but I really am, I can't even tell you how sorry I am. I love you so so much and I just.. I never wanted to hurt you, I swear. I feel really horrible about everything that happened in the past few days. I wanna try and make it up to you, please, Will. I'm really sorry.." He holds my hand and I see his eyes go glassy.

"Mike.. It's okay. This is all I wanted to hear." I whisper to him, wiping the tear away from his face.

He looks down and I just smile.

"You don't have to be ashamed to cry in front of me, Mike. You've seen me cry a dozen times. You don't have to worry." I tell him, and he looks back up at me.

"O-Oh.. I'm sorry.." He mutters and I just chuckle.

"Mike. It's okay, stop with the sorries." I giggle and he just smiles back at me.

"I missed you, Byers." He tells me.

"I missed you too, Wheeler." I reply, and kiss him.

AND IT'S FINALLY DONE. WOOOOOOOOOO

TOTAL WORD COUNT:

17,973