Chapter 6

Felix and Fela wait in the lobby for Rena to come out of the other game. She had just infected the code and made her way out. "We need to come up with a plan to make sure she doesn't realize we are trying to reset the game. If she finds out she might not go back to the game and then this will have all been a waste." Fela says.

"Ok I have an idea." Felix says. He explains his plan to her and they both agree.

As she exits the gate it locks down. "What's going on? Where is everyone?"

"There you are Rena." Fela says running over to her. "We have to go back to our game now." She turns towards Felix. "Hey I found her! We can stop looking now!"

Rena raises an eyebrow. "Why? What's going on?"

Felix looks around in a sort of panic. "The space invaders got loose again, they're locking down the gates until they can contain them back in their game."

Rena shrugs. "Oh. I could easily deal with those chumps. But I don't feel like it. What happens if I don't want to go back to the game right now?"

"Everything is closed so I guess you'd just have to stay in the lobby." Fela shrugs. "But it's better if we go back to our game."

The three go back to their game and the gate locks down.

Rena raises an eyebrow. "This seems extreme for a little escape."

"We can't have them invading our game. They'd destroy it." Felix replies. They get back inside the game box and Gene pulls the kill switch. Everything goes dark as it shuts down.

The next morning Litwak, the arcade owner, comes over and realizes the game was unplugged and plugs it back in which begins the reset process. Code rushes through the game within seconds and the characters and the world are brought back brand new.

Felix is first to appear and next to him Fela swirls into existence. "Did it work?" Felix asks looking around as the building and all the towny people pop back up.

Fela looks at herself. "I feel different? Like more powerful."

Felix nods slightly. "Turbo saw your code was locked away. He opened it up. You should be strong enough to actually play the game now."

Fela smiles. "Awsome!"

Felix turns and spots Rena respawn over by the brick pile. "Where is Ralph?"

Ralph appears behind Felix and crosses his arms. "Right here buddy." he chuckles.

Gene comes over and takes a deep irritated breath. "Ralph. We owe you an apology."

Ralph looks just as confused as Felix. "What gene?"

Gene nods. "We thought you were just the bad guy. I didn't know the building was built over your home."

Ralph nods slightly. "Oh yeah. I mean I lived in a shack here until Felix Senior bull dozed it to build the tower." he shrugs. "Honestly I'm not even mad about it anymore."

Gene nods and glances over at Rena who just looks really lost now. He turns towards Fela. "She wants to be your friend again. She feels like work was more important to you than her friendship so she started trying to tear down everything you work on."

"Oh my gosh." Fela puts her hands on her face. "I've been so neglectful. I need to apologize right away!"

Felix goes over to Ralph. "I'm sorry I wasn't more concerned about your glitch. I didn't want to believe it was a problem. You could have disappeared and it was all because I didn't want to listen."

Ralph nods slightly. "Yeah, you're kind of a big mean bully now because of it." he smirks and ruffles Felix's hat, messing up his hair. "It's ok I forgive you."

Felix scowls slightly. "Messing up my hair." he mumbles, taking off his hat and fixing his hair with his fingers. "I'm just glad we are ok."

Venellope comes running into the game and jumps on Ralph and hugs him. "You're back to normal!" She smiles, hugging his head.

"Yup I'm alright." Ralph says. "Everything is back to normal."

Fela and Rena walk over to the others. Both appear like they are on better terms now. "Hey guys, I want you to meet my friend Rena." Fela says motioning toward Rena.

Rena waves slightly. "Sorry about all the trouble I caused. I wasn't in the right headspace." she sighs. "I hope we can work together in the future."

Ralph nods. "Sure. why not."

Quarter alert!

"Game time!" Felix says.

Everyone goes to their starting spot. This time the arrow does not appear over Ralph and Rena but it does appear over Felix and his sister. The player selects Fela.

"I'm going to wreck it!" both wreckers say at the same time. Then they exchange a glance and nod to each other in understanding that they are now a team. They rush to the building and smash a window and a piece of brick.

Fela, controlled by the player, is able to repair buildings a lot faster now that her ability isn't hidden in a code wall. She quickly repairs the broken window.

Felix leaps up just like always and taps the brick back into place.

At the end of the game Fela and Felix both receive honors as the player is granted the medal for winning the game and Ralph and Rena are thrown off the building into the mud.

Rena and Ralph share a laugh because even though they lost it was still kind of fun and now that they were working together the work was more like play.

Venellope watched from the edge just off screen. She smirked a bit. "I think everything is going to be A-Ok here."

(this is the end of the main conflict. I realize it was short but I'm glad I could at least finish if not part of this project. I so badly want to finish my better works and I always feel like its too much to do and overwhelming. I'm sure there will be more of this at a later date.)