chapter six: school

┊┊┊┊ ➶ CASSIE 🛩⌇ 。˚ ✧ ﹐

"That wasn't Olive's secret to tell," Cassie heard Grace and Ben talking in the kitchen.

She looked at her niece who had her arms crossed the same way she always does when she gets defensive, "I did the right thing," she muttered.

"Ol-"

"If I didn't tell dad about Danny's storage room, Cal wouldn't have any of his old stuff back. I did the right thing," the sixteen year old girl watched her eleven year old brother play with Arte The Dragon.

Cassie smiled as she looked at the old toy, when the twins were born Michaela took Cassie shopping, Cassie was only twelve at the time and Michaela was fourteen, they didn't know what babies liked but when Cassie saw Arte, she knew that was the perfect gift to give to a baby boy. She was so proud of herself when Ben told Cassie that Arte was Cal's favourite toy.

She lightly grabbed Olive's arm, rubbing it softly, "You did what was best for your brother, but you could had asked me, you didn't need to take your father there."

Olive shrugged, "He would had found out anyway, plus you were cleaning. I know how you don't like your cleaning zone being disturbed."

Cassie chuckled, "That's true, it's important not to disturb me when I'm in my cleaning zone."

"Holy shit-"

"Olive, language!"

The teenage girl shook her head, "Aunt Cassie, look!" She pointed at the television which had yet another banner about flight 828 on it. Cassie's eyes widened as she listened to the news reporter speak. "Mum! Dad! Something bad happened!"

Ben ran straight into the living room, Grace shortly after. "Unconfirmed reporters point to a murder investigation. In recent days-" the lady on the television said as she stood behind blue and red flashing lights.

"Mick-," Ben got the attention of his sister.

"Hey guys, let's go brush our teeth," Grace said as she grabbed Kayla's hand, the four year old grinned as she followed her Aunty without question. Cal frowned but followed, taking Arte The Dragon with him.

"Taylor has been extremely candid, not only about her experience on flight 828, but on her treatment by authorities since her return."

Cassie, Michaela and Ben watched the television together. The was saying a lot of words but none of them made any sense to Cassie. She was saying the same thing over and over, that Kelly Taylor was murdered and that she was on flight 828. "Did you know her?" She asked her siblings, the question hung in the air for a few moments.

Michaela shook her head, "No, not really. She made a small remark to me when we were in the tent, but no we didn't know her."

"She's been all over the news," Ben added.

"You think there's a connection?" Cassie looked at the banner, 'flight 828 passenger dead,' her throat tightened at the idea of Kelly Taylor being murdered because she was a passenger, the idea of her losing her siblings or her nephew again, made Cassie want to cry.

"Let's not jump to conclusions," Michaela turned away from the tv and grabbed her car keys, "I'm going to find out what's going on."

Michaela walked out of the house with a second thought. Cassie felt uneasy at the idea of Michaela being alone with the possibility of a killer targeting flight 828 passengers being out there but Mick is a police officer, it's her job. Cassie turned to Ben, "Do you think this means your in danger?"