Chapter seven

It was pouring outside when I stood outside the campus waiting for Olivia to arrive with her uber. I only had my hood to cover me from the rain. If she didn't come soon I would go back inside, I thought to myself. But I knew I wouldn't. I wanted to be there when she came.

I've missed her so much. I hadn't seen her in two weeks and it had felt like an eternity. We were always together at home. We were basically my sister that I never had. She is my new Landon.

Suddenly, an uber swiftly came around a corner. It stopped right on front of me and Olivia got out of her uber. I instantly ran to hug her.

"Awh my girl!" She said and hugged me tightly. "I've missed you so much already!"

"And I've missed you! Now where is that Leona? I need to make a good impression."

"You don't even have to try." I said and winked at her. She giggled at my comment.

When we walked to my dorm we were filling eachother in on what had happened these past weeks.

"What about you? What is going on here?" She asked.

"Well.. I've made two friends, Leona and Nasir." I began.

"And...?" She waved for me to continue.

"And... School's hard.

"It usually is Becca! Give me the tea! Who is dating who and all that. I don't even have to know their names."

"I don't know that many people yet." I smiled to myself. I was still me and she knew it. She knew that I never made that many friends.

"Uhm... someone goes to this school.." I continued.

"Seriously? I wouldn't have known." She said sarcastically.

"Shut up." I said and smiled. I figured I would just spit it out, rip the patch away fast.

"Landon." I said and held my breath, waiting for her to answer. She froze on the spot and looked straight at me.

"What?" She exclaimed.

"I know, I know. It's bad." I shook my head. She hated him at least as much as I did.

"What? But... what are the odds... how are you holding up?" She asked me in a sweet voice.

"It depends. We had some playfights and I thought that maybe we could be okay. Not friends but not enemies either. But then he called me... that... again. Now I am avoiding him."

"Excuse me? The nerve he has!" She shouted out loud.

"I know, right? He is just like he was in high school. He is still so full of himself." I said but it came out more as a whisper.

"Tell me about it." She rolled her eyes.

When we arrived at the dorm Leona sat on her bed and smiled when we walked in.

"Hi! I've heard so much about you!" Leona said and walked up to us.

"So have I! You look gorgeus." Olivia said and dropped her bags on the floor. The girl had packed as if she was going to stay here forever.

"This is such a dream," Olivia said and looked at her surroundings. "If only I had the energy to continue with school..." she trailed off.

"You know you are welcome." I said and patted her back.

"Oh I know. Thank you for letting me stay here by the way." She turned to Leona.

"Becca's friends are my friends!" She exclaimed.

Olivia smiled. "So, what's the plan?" She asked.

"What plan?" I looked confused.

"What should we do? I did not come here to sit at the dorm all day, even though it's nice here." She added the second part to be polite.