Chapter nine

I was standing on the benches, surrounded by most of the students from collage, clapping and cheering. Even Olivia was cheering. At least she was happy to be here. She is too social to be sitting inside a dark collage room for three days.

If she would have gone to a collage, she seriously only use the dorm for sleeping. She is so much more social than I am and will ever be.

His eyes were already watching me intently when I was supposed to take a sneaky, quick glance at him. I felt superconscious under his gaze.

He cocked his head to the side, looking shocked to see me here. He was probably going to make fun of me later on. To be honest, I didn't mind the harmless bickering. I almost enjoyed it. It was always fun to say everything I felt right to his face without feeling bad about it.

But when he was fully mean, it wasn't as enjoyable.

It was almost like we had a eye contact-contest. We continued to look at eachother for a good 30 seconds before I broke the eye contact because the sound of a text.

"Hey!" The text read. It was a number I didn't recognize. "Who's this?" I texted back.

It didn't take long for the person on the other end to respond. "Liam! The guy from Landon's party..."

I bet I looked like a fool until I remembered. The guy I kissed! It must be. The guy that Landon told me about.

"Ohhhh! Hey, what's up?" I texted back.

"Not much, you?
I was actually going to text you sooner but I was kind of scared that you wouldn't remember me lol"

I didn't. I drank too much that night. The only things I know is what Landon told me. Honestly, I don't even know how Liam looked. It's like a full on blackout.

"Well, the night is pretty vauge lmao, but I remember you!" I lied fully to this man's face.

"I must be memorable for you to remember me in that state." The next text read.

"You sure are." Lied x2.

"I was thinking, would you like to meet up sometime?" Is he asking me out? No one has ever asked me out. Well, except for that guy who only asked me out for a bet that he could take my virginity. Long story.

"Yeah! I'd love to." I sent back. I wanted to pretend like I was chill, but I definitly wasn't.

I passed my phone to Olivia, shock spreading across my entire face. She read the text with a deep focus, then looked up at me with a big grin.

"Oh my God! You are going on a date!" She exclaimed when a new text came rolling in.

Both of us stared at my phone intensely. "Actually, are you going to the afterparty tonight?" It said.

"Afterparty?" I texted back.

"Yeah, there's always a party after the game. To celebrate how well it went. Or didn't." Olivia looked up from her phone and to me. The look on her face was "we're going".

"I didn't know that. Yeah, I'll probably go then."

"See you there then?" The questionmark meant that it was a question rather than a statement.

"Yeah, see you there." I texted back.

The nervousness hit me right there and then. I was going to meet a guy. Soon. And I was totally unprepared.

At a party! Could it be more unromantic? I don't think it could.

The bleachers were starting to get emptier and emptier. Meanwhile I stood there, flabbergasted, Olivia were telling Leona. Some may not think this is a big deal, but to me it is. I've never, ever been asked out before. Sure, this wasn't the most precious first date I could think of, but as long as we vibe.